[FREE] Custom List Picker and Choice Picker Extension

ID support is not there but you can take two extension components and create 2 lists with each component this will work without any issue and try in Apk.

2 Likes

One more question, i can entrer to the list picker with these blocks.
Someone can help me?

1 Like

hello, once i try to run my app using this extension i get the following error: Error from Companion: java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.CustomListPicker: void com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.CustomListPicker.ShowListPicker() failed to verify: void com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.CustomListPicker.ShowListPicker(): [0x118] register v0 has type Precise Reference: a but expected Reference: android.widget.ArrayAdapter (declaration of 'com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.CustomListPicker' appears in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/edu.mit.appinventor.aicompanion3/files/assets/external_comps/com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker/com.thekstudio.CustomListPicker.jar)

1 Like

You could help by showing your relevant blocks

1 Like

These are my blocks so far, doing many trials with my app i noticed probably an interference with the BASE64 extension, but i'm not 100% sure that this is the main cause of my problem.

1 Like

Here is a test aia project. Does this work OK for you?

testcustomLP.aia (18.9 KB)

If it does work, start adding properties and text in your language one by one to see if it errors...

1 Like

Thank you for your fast response. It runs on companion, but when i build it i get RUND 8 error: d8 failed.

1 Like

My test project builds OK here.

1 Like

There is a high chance that one of the extension is not compatible with other.

Try to import all extensions in a sample project and try to build by removing one of the extension which will help you to identify the extension causing build failed.

2 Likes

When this extension is on, it doesn't compile, there seems to be a conflict!

1 Like

@The_K_Studio
Extension developers which use proguard to obfuscate their code should keep extension classes in extension package when proguarding

Taifun

1 Like

I'm not a pro in this, but I used Niotron IDE editor to build the extension and used inbuilt Proguard.

Anything I can do now? Or shall I build a new version without using Proguard?

1 Like

Probably their proguard rules need an update? I do not know...

You could use the latest version of the App Inventor sources to build your extension, which already use the correct proguard rules
Alternatively build a new version without proguard

Taifun

2 Likes

I have updated the aix.

3 Likes

Works perfectly! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

hi @The_K_Studio, One question, i am using this extension but i recive de RUN TIME ERROR "resource ID #0x0"
i saw here that this happens because of the theme, but i am a beginner and i dont know what are you talking about. if u are talking about the normal background color or what. i would be grateful if u can help me!

1 Like

Which theme are you using, it is best to try with Device Default theme.

Can you show your blocks and screenshot of error message please?

@The_K_Studio
In single list picker, if we select nothing and click OK.
Then the App quits,

Solve this bug

Okay, thanks for reporting the bug. I will fix it.

1 Like