[FREE] ASD Downloader Extension - Download and manage files in ASD

Pixel 4XL, Android 13.

Okay, thanks for testing I will look into it.

I thought you had tested it before. I would have liked to have saved myself the time.

Yes I tested on One Plus CE2 Android 13, its working without any permission in Apk as well.

But I have to test this on different Android versions.

Apologies if I wasted your valuable time.

I doubt that. Post a video...

Sure...

It looks like the app has been granted AllFilesPermission. Uninstall the app, reinstall it and then show us the video.

Did you notice the permission tab in app settings which I showed in the video?

Its greyed out, that means no permissions given to the app. And its the Apk generated from same aia that I shared above without permission one.

I tested it multiple times by clearing the app data, by uninstall and reinstall the app.

Still you can see below,

Even if the specified folder doesn't exist then it does creates one and download the file in it.

I think the Download Manager class which this extension uses download file without permission, I am not sure.

The blocks you have posted simply dosent work for me on Android 13

It's always not granted permission, nor it actually is successful in requesting path specific permission. The Deephost's permission extension you are using does nothing.

1 Like

This is strange. I hope you are testing in compiled Apk and not in companion.

I used that (DeepHost's) extension in one of my app, and it works. May be you can try with SAF extension.

Yes, I am indeed trying it in compiled APK

Im a stranger to it, maybe you could demonstrate us how?

I agree

@The_K_Studio Let me suggest you to keep the extension in its core functionality i.e to download files to ASD and remove the not working features for newer Android versions again.

Taifun

SAF is complicated for me as well, I need to look into the documentation if it can be done using it.

BTW, i am talking about this extension.

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/saf-app-inventor-implementation-of-storage-access-framework

Yes I will consider this if it doesn't work for all android version, but before that let me try testing it.

SAF for what? :thinking:
It does grant you access to user specified folder but still I don't think you'll be able to use Download Manager to download files in that folder.

1 Like

My only concern is why is it working for me only, and not for others. If it doesn't work for me either then I would not have added custom download path block.

Yes, that's really more than strange. Something is messed up with your device. Do a factory reset and try again. And/or try on another device with Android 11+. It will not work!

1 Like

Probably device specific silly behavior.

That shouldn't amuse Google, given all of its obsession with restrictions. :wink:

1 Like