Form with data like csv in Tinydb

Hi,

I search to create an form where the entry data display like a csv(column, line, cellul) to the screen and in Tinydb.

below I join a model :

and your query is ?

Indeed, I forgot to lets my answer.

My question is what is the best process to successfully implement what I presented earlier?

I try with the join project but each entry is independant and cannot be in doublesaveListToTDB.aia (4.6 KB)

Try like this:

TwoColumnsTinydb.aia (5.7 KB)

BLOCKS

SCREEN

[edit minor update to blocks and aia]

2 Likes

Try this. I used listview instead of listpicker

saveListToTDB_1.aia (4.2 KB)

Thanks, I see that now.

I think this is what I need.
If column 2 contains only numbers, can I sum all the entries from another screen?

See the additional; blocks in the procedure below:

This stores the sum of column2 to a tinydb tag, so you can call this from another screen.

AIA and blocks updated in my previous post to reflect this, plus loading of columns on initialisation.

2 Likes

Thanks for this.

I need to see how add the second screen and call the tinydb now.

Consider using virtual screens using the visibility of vertical or horizontal arrangements, then you only have to work with one screen.

TwoColumnsTinydb_mod.aia (7.1 KB)
First, I would like to duplicate the screen 1 and get the sums data in a independant screen.

In the modified project, I added labels and screen to try to explain the finallity.

It is entirely up to you, of course, but you may want to read this:

Use different screens wisely

If you decided to use different screens, then you should switch them correctly, else you will run out of memory after a while...      
The recommended method of switching screens in App Inventor
(Thanks Taifun)

Also see demo: multiscreen.aia

and

1 Like

Thanks.

When I can, I read this.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.