Follow-up to the Syllabus

I have to work a lot on learning about lists. The block you send me is very simplified and it works well... this is great!!
Thank you

Greetings,... I don't know if you are referring to this image that I uploaded as an example when filling in at least 3 checkboxes. In each checkbox I enter the content of a class topic to be taught to the students. It is one checkbox per week or the same as saying one topic per week.
I put the image that I uploaded.
Our class period is 16 weeks

Cap Screen1540×1200 98KB

The intention is that with a button delete content from a single selected checkbx.
On the other hand, the other button is to eliminate the content of all the checkboxes with a single click

What I'm trying to get from you is the typical content of the 16 Lists you use. The text for each Text Box appears to be a single text (sentence) and not a List of Items?

sixteenLists

OK - that makes sense. Should the corresponding saved data also be deleted, making the deletion permanent?

Perhaps this is what is requested as a requirement... the data

Datos.pdf (106.4 KB)

I have changed the Block to use a List of Tags too. Lists are similar to Arrays or Vectors in text based programming languages.

1 Like

Yes! So each of the 16 Lists consist of two items - Tema and SubTema

Now, in a List the data is like so: [Tema,SubTema]

In the Checkbox Text, it has to be split and then presented like so:
Tema/SubTema

Big Question. Does the data in the PDF consist of the only data that will be used (i.e. fixed values) or does the App User input their own data?

What I can tell you is that the 16 Lists [Tema,SubTema] are not necessary. The data for each Checkbox can be saved as a text string "Tema/SubTema" . If it is selected to be displayed in the Textboxes (tbx_Tema, tbx_SubTema), it can be split on demand.

I think this eliminates the 'Save' button? You could trigger the Notifier with a "Saved!" message. Or perhaps 'btn_Edit' should be 'btn_Save':

So this is your Project, minus the crocodiles. I have not tested it and probably you have other bits and pieces to add.

SEG_SILABO_edit.aia (8.4 KB)

1 Like

Yes, the user enters their own data. Two weeks after the end of week 16, it is possible that there will be new topics or updates to them... that's why I put a text box

1 Like

yes, Cocodrilos, jejeje ok..

Pretty simplified, I like it a lot. The spinner is still a problem but I think I'll check I've tried to accommodate it, and I'll see how it goes...

Just keep 16 Checkboxes and the Spinner @ 1 to 16. The Spinner should never need to be changed.

1 Like

I express my most sincere thanks for all your support, I am tempted to put one last problem regarding the checkboxes. I have tried to add the option to add the date when checking the box. The blocks do. But when unchecking the date it is not removed, and also, it is not saved. Will it be possible to please give me this opportunity to complete this upgrade?
Again thank you very much

OK, the code to add the date will work (so long as 'Lb_Date' actually contains the date).

A lot of little things prevent the date from being removed. e.g. it's not the Spinner selection, it's the most recently changed Checkbox (ticked/unticked). Also, Textbox Text has it's own Tag, which is why Save fails - saving under the wrong Tag.

Note, the text does not necessarily have a date - 'search' the text first for 'Date'

Find Date

So then if 'Date' exists, perform the split (there are other ways, you could use 'Segment Text' to keep the Segment to be retained and chop off the Date).

Issues:

Suggested edit:

1 Like

Great!! It's great... I tried it and it works very well, I'm very grateful. Thanks to your support, my problems have been solved, I am very grateful to advance in my app that I use for my classes with the students.
:grinning: :+1:

1 Like

Dear @ABG, I also express my gratitude for the suggestion of another model, I find it very interesting in another case of the same app, for example in my additional teaching activities, for example commission tasks. Therefore, I am very grateful to you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.