FIRST CRASH - google play just reported that my app had its first crash, please help to understand the statement

Hello Community, Google Play store just reported that my app had its first crash. Below is the statement - the list of the factors that caused it. Please help me to understand which blocks might be the reason why the crash happened
Thanks a million!

Type java.lang.NullPointerException
Exception java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'android.content.res.Configuration android.content.res.Resources.getConfiguration()' on a null object reference
at android.app.ActivityThread.updateLocaleListFromAppContext (ActivityThread.java:7031)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication (ActivityThread.java:7336)
at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1400 (ActivityThread.java:301)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage (ActivityThread.java:2148)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage (Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop (Looper.java:246)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main (ActivityThread.java:8512)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run (RuntimeInit.java:602)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main (ZygoteInit.java:1139)

Could you please stop spamming the community? I closed and unlisted your other topic.

I haven't seen this error before, this thing is not caused by any blocks, it is an internal error of the app.
If this error has occurred very low numbers, you can safely ignore it.

Have you received (negative) feedback on this from your users?
If not, just follow @Kumaraswamy's advice.

Zygote loads the core Java classes and performs the initial processing of them. These classes can be reused by the Android application and therefore this step makes them faster to start.

I would guess that the crash was caused by an interruption of these processes - perhaps an Anti-Virus App?

Peter, I'm not spamming it. I keep coming back to this community board for its great professionals and experts. I had to copy and paste the statement from Google Play to understand what caused the crash. The app was tested multiple times and worked fine. It wasn't supposed to crash at all. Now I'm getting closer to figuring out what has to be fixed

Kumar4aswamy, this is the first time it happened. The app was tested quite a lot and everything looked good. I was even able to reduce the size of it down to 3.45 MB from 5.00MB. Also, I created a new release, so hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thanks for taking time and responding back to me. Enjoy your weekend

Hi Anke, no I have not. It is pretty interesting that with 10k downloads I only got 3 reviews either liking the app or suggesting an improvement. Based on the report from Google Play the crash happened on Nov 1 and for some reason Google Play reported about it just now. Thanks for responding back to me. Enjoy your weekend

Hi Chris, this could be it. Since I rolled out a new update for the App it is probably all about watching it closely and waiting for a negative review which would describe the specifics of the problem. I greatly appreciate you taking time and finding the discussion on Stack Overflow. Enjoy your weekend and Happy Holidays!

Check on which Android version & which device the crash happened. And let us know.

Also upload the same app (AAB / APK) with VersionCode = n+1 to your Play Developer console as an internal test track, wait for about one hour and then check the Pre-Launch Report for errors / warnings.

thanks Anke, will do! I love the idea of uploading as an internal test rack, I'll keep you posted

"I’ve never published an app on the Play Store without at least one Pre-Launch Report."

1 Like

great advice, it's a shame but I would only do an APK file test downloaded to my phone and if everything seemed to be working I would just roll it out to production on the Play Store. Thanks a million! I'm not sure what I would do without you guys!

... best to get others to test on their phones too - different makes/models/Android Versions. Test on a tiny phone and a huge phone. Upload to Virus Total.