Firebase authentication

hi

it turns out that my application is for internal use and i don't need to save user data in the firebase i am using
I created a small identification system from a userid and a password (that i give to the users) saved in a spreadsheet
the concern is that firebase needs rules other than read: true an write: true
how do i link my identification system and the rules required by firebase?

cordially

Why use Firebase at all ?

If you are holding the login in data on a google sheet, and you are supplying the login in data to your users, why not use google sheets to control the logins for your users ?

because I use firebase to store site supervision task tracking (what i could have done do with google sheet) but i used firebase

I appreciate the real-time modifications when the modifications carried out on one device are instantly visible on another device

See here:

great but I'm very advanced in this project but I would definitely use this technique in the future
for the moment I'm trying to see on the side of anonymous authentication on firebase what it gives

OK, maybe something like this will work:

{
  "rules": {
         ".read": false,
         ".write": false
          "<YOUR SECRET PROJECT BUCKET>": {
             ".read": true,
             ".write": true"
       }
   }
}

I followed this tutorial https://youtu.be/xUVNY0F1QNU I downloaded this extension https://community.thunkable.com/uploads/default/original/3X/c/5/c56605c8453efc985d3bd8b0d007f5cdc9c870e1.aix I logged in
I will not create a sign up form screen I provided a username and a password and behind it there will be an email that will be easier for users and I thougt i will use these rules:
{
".read": "auth.uid! = null",
".write": "auth.uid! = null"
}
}

on the other hand I wanted to try your proposal what is

"YOUR SECRET PROJECT BUCKET>" ?

if it's the api key I tried it doesn't work

The is just a node, only available to users/ the app.

Just get your spacing correct:

{
".read": "auth.uid != null",
".write": "auth.uid != null"
}
}

I will link this, just in case you haven't seen it.

salut

il se fait tard j'ai f ait un copieur coller des regles pour les utilisateurs authentifiés et ca ne passe pas

j'obtiens ce message "erreur lors de l'enregistrement des règles" as below :

{
".read": "auth.uid != null",
".write": "auth.uid != null"
}
}

https://firebase.google.com/docs/rules/insecure-rules#access_for_any_authenticated_user

hi
like a lot of apprentice developers i'm breaking my head about authentication with firebase
I try to follow this tutorial : https://ai2.metricrat.co.uk/guides/firebase-with-a-web-component/firebase-demo-secured-with-web-component but it uses, like many examples, an application that records user data and I desperately try to save a data in my project bucket and I can't do it either with post or with put

however I manage to connect a user I get his localId and his idToken

what is getting stuck?

I wonder if I will leave the rules on true indefinitely ....

You do not really explain what your problem is or exactly what you are trying to achieve. The example you link to shows how to POST or PUT data (soon, we will hopefully be able to PATCH data as well).

How you set your rules for each Firebase node (project bucket) will determine what a user can write to or read from.

Describe your issue, show images of your blocks, rules, firebase data.

for the moment I stay as close as possible to the tutorial so that it works I use my database of course but I check that it works and the rules are all true for the moment and unfortunately it doesn't give anything
my project bucket is datizme

If all your rules are true then it should look like this:

thanks you for your support

eventually i would like to use rules to protect my data and i thought the rules are true or not it should work right?
I thought I read somewhere in the foreground that this way of proceeding circumvented the rules
if i can leave my rules on true while firebase keeps reminding me that it's not good i wouldn't use this method

OK, I understand that.

You say that your blocks are not saving any data to Firebase under the dataizme node ?

If not, can you save data without using the token?

Is dataizme the top level node ?

You didn't show your rules or your Firebase data layout....

these are my rules ...
{

".read": true,
".write": true
}
}

yes datizme is my top level node

I must say that in my application I use this type of request once or twice to read the database but without idToken

OK, without testing and without more information, it may be that when you have "no rules" using signed in users and you use the token it does not work? I would have to test this out and see what happens.

[edit] tested authenticated user with no rules and this does work