Fetch images from web with associated with random list item selection

Is there a way to have App Inventor fetch an image from the web that is associated with a list item?

Basically, what I would like to happen:
-Button press selects random item from list and displays it in a label (working)
-Have app take that list item and grab the first image that would come up from a google image search (not working)
-Display the new found image (not working)

I don't want to save that image, but just grab and display an image on command. Is this something that is possible in App Inventor?

Is this random item a url to an online image?
how would you like to do google image search?

The random item would not be a URL. Basically I'd like it to perform a search for images using the text from the random selection and display the first image result.

To be more specific:
I've made an app that allows the user to enter video game titles into a list and then display a random item from that list using a button press. I was hoping that, along with displaying the text, I could get associated cover art to display along with the text without forcing the user to manually upload an image.

I'm not familiar with using the web function on app inventor, so I'm not sure if this is even possible. If I could find a csv file with game titles and associated image URLs, would this be easier to pull off?

of course this will be much easier. You just need to use "LOOK UP IN PAIRS" or "GET VALUE FOR KEY IN DICTIONARY".
otherwise, you need an api to search image by video cover title.

1 Like

I'll look into that. Thanks for your help!