Failure to display one of Screens and its blocks

You have a fair few extensions to check. It could also be something unusual in your coding - not that having a number of web components is a problem for example, but that many should not be required given that they cannot be fired at the same time.

If an extension is not the cause, then file corruption is a possibility, but we cannot help with that without studying the Project file.

You could grab a coffee and run through my checklist:
ProfessorCad: Tips & Tricks Cannot Build/Install/Run APK

So, why build apk work fine? I tested it on my phone.

Yes, I have 17 Screen. if I delete 7 Screens, it may be fixed or the effort is in vain and the file can not be repaired?

But it doesn't - a whole Screen is missing.

10 Screens is a guideline max but in fact no App should get close to that many (10). Are some of your Screens identical in terms of components but with differing content?

Yes, It differs in terms of components and content. But their combination makes the blocks crowded.
But I have to combine a few of them.

If I delete 7 or more Screens, it may be fixed or the effort is in vain and the file can not be repaired? because these changes are hard work.

If you really need so many screens, you will have reserved a place in the Guinness Book of Records :upside_down_face:

I would encourage you to consider using Virtual Screens.

Isn't it possible that your App simply has too many screens and components?

Golden rules in App Inventor programming:

• Optimise all images for Android
  • Optimise code (e.g. use 'any component' Blocks)
  • DRY - Don't Repeat Yourself
  • FFB - Fat Finger Buttons
  • KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
  • Test and Test again

KISS, an acronym for Keep It Simple, Stupid, is a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960.
The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated; therefore, simplicity should be a key goal in design, and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.*

4 Likes

That is the risk you have to take if you are not going to let the Forum help you by uploading your Project.

I would say that the no-show Screen possibly has corruption within one of the internal AI files that make up the AIA file.

How good and comfortable I was.

I just took a look at the aia file with WinRAR. I saw that the same Screen has the largest volume size.

What happens if you use a different browser for example FireFox?

Hi Peter
As before, it made no difference.

And what would that be?

1 Like

bky file 610,980 bytes
scm file 76,234 bytes

I have used it a lot.

So, how many Screens are there, and how many Virtual Screens are there?

You can upload those for someone to investigate.

Total 17 Screen,

In this screen (Near_me), no one virtual screen. Can i upload scm and bky file of Near_me screen link here? Does it work?

Append their extension with .txt e.g: Near_me.bky.txt

12 posts were split to a new topic: How to define a hole for a polygon?

Yes, use virtual screens to take the load off. I am using two virtual screens atm and I don't know how many you can have one one virtual screen. I would try just two for now since it will keep you under 10 screens. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like