Failure to display one of Screens and its blocks

Hi :wave:

One of the application Screens design with its blocks is not displayed for me.

Instead, the same Screen (Near_me) is visible below the Screen1.

It also gives an internal error (An internal error has occurred. Report a bug?) when entering the project environment, but when I build apk, that works well. However, that Screen (Near_me) is no longer editable.

Please help without asking for the aia file. :pray:

I use 16 gigabyte RAM and Core i3-8100 CPU, and 4 mbps internet speed.
Clearing Chrome cache did not help.

How can we help you without being able to study the background files that make up the .aia?

Please export your Project and upload it to this forum Topic for the Power Users to Study. We are not going to bite (much :grin:).

2 Likes

This is a precaution against my commitment not to publish it. If there is a way for a specific person to see the file. I think there is no problem. :sweat_smile:

We are providing free software and free technical support. If you are working for the CIA or MI5 perhaps you can ask one of your colleagues to help.

3 Likes

With all due respect to what you are doing, I know about the greatness of what you are doing for free, and this puts you next to the elders. I apologize for the situation.

If you are using an Extension, ensure it is up-to-date. If you have a Table Arrangement, try deleting that Arrangement (back up the Project to your drive first).

1 Like

I haven't table arrangement.
Near_me Screen blocks!

You have a fair few extensions to check. It could also be something unusual in your coding - not that having a number of web components is a problem for example, but that many should not be required given that they cannot be fired at the same time.

If an extension is not the cause, then file corruption is a possibility, but we cannot help with that without studying the Project file.

You could grab a coffee and run through my checklist:
ProfessorCad: Tips & Tricks Cannot Build/Install/Run APK

So, why build apk work fine? I tested it on my phone.

Yes, I have 17 Screen. if I delete 7 Screens, it may be fixed or the effort is in vain and the file can not be repaired?

But it doesn't - a whole Screen is missing.

10 Screens is a guideline max but in fact no App should get close to that many (10). Are some of your Screens identical in terms of components but with differing content?

Yes, It differs in terms of components and content. But their combination makes the blocks crowded.
But I have to combine a few of them.

If I delete 7 or more Screens, it may be fixed or the effort is in vain and the file can not be repaired? because these changes are hard work.

If you really need so many screens, you will have reserved a place in the Guinness Book of Records :upside_down_face:

I would encourage you to consider using Virtual Screens.

Isn't it possible that your App simply has too many screens and components?

Golden rules in App Inventor programming:

• Optimise all images for Android
  • Optimise code (e.g. use 'any component' Blocks)
  • DRY - Don't Repeat Yourself
  • FFB - Fat Finger Buttons
  • KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid
  • Test and Test again

KISS, an acronym for Keep It Simple, Stupid, is a design principle noted by the U.S. Navy in 1960.
The KISS principle states that most systems work best if they are kept simple rather than made complicated; therefore, simplicity should be a key goal in design, and unnecessary complexity should be avoided.*

4 Likes

That is the risk you have to take if you are not going to let the Forum help you by uploading your Project.

I would say that the no-show Screen possibly has corruption within one of the internal AI files that make up the AIA file.

How good and comfortable I was.

I just took a look at the aia file with WinRAR. I saw that the same Screen has the largest volume size.

What happens if you use a different browser for example FireFox?

Hi Peter
As before, it made no difference.

And what would that be?

1 Like

bky file 610,980 bytes
scm file 76,234 bytes