Facing anonymous build failed issues!

Hello App Inventor Team ,
actually when i did ant , then i caught Build Failed issues , (I have made a certain changes in code but now i am not getting how to solve the issues).
YaClientApp:
[mkdir] Created dir: E:\AppInventor\appinventor\appengine\build\extra
[java] Jan 27, 2020 4:09:53 AM java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences
[java] WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(…) returned error code 5.
[java] Compiling module com.google.appinventor.YaClient
[java] Ignored 3 units with compilation errors in first pass.
[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to DEBUG or WARN to see all errors.
[java] Ignored 2 units with compilation errors in first pass.
[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
[java] Computing all possible rebind results for ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel.BlocklySource’
[java] Rebinding com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel.BlocklySource
[java] Invoking generator com.google.gwt.query.rebind.JsniBundleGenerator
[java] JsniBundleGenerator - importing external javascript: com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/blockly.js
[java] Adding ‘1’ new generated units
[java] See snapshot: C:\Users\MISHRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl8938277405968181567.java
[java] Ignored 1 unit with compilation errors in first pass.
[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘generated://A88AD4761B39F1C401A3562ABA93028E/com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl.java’
[java] [ERROR] Line 114009: syntax error
[java] > }.apply(window, [$wnd, $doc, $wnd.console]));
[java] > --------------------------------------------^
[java] See snapshot: C:\Users\MISHRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl6672718149438303385.java
[java] Tracing compile failure path for type ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’
[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘generated://A88AD4761B39F1C401A3562ABA93028E/com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl.java’
[java] [ERROR] Line 114009: syntax error
[java] > }.apply(window, [$wnd, $doc, $wnd.console]));
[java] > --------------------------------------------^
[java] [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’ is really what you meant
[java] [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots
[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel.java’
[java] [ERROR] Line 70: Rebind result ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’ could not be found
[java] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m

actually i want to know why this error comes ? and generally by which file this error ocurs.

Regards ,
Kunal Mishra

1 Like

This is a well known issue on Windows 10. It should have nothing to do with the changes you made to the App Inventor sources. See if any of these answers resolves the error you are facing. If so, please leave a reply with the solution on this topic to help future contributors facing the same error.

actually my operating system is Windows 7 .
and I don't think given link is my solutions .

Do you think or do you know it is not going to work? You won’t know if you don’t give it a try.

2 Likes

No , actually i means because of that warning Build is not failed , coz that warning comes in master repo too , actually the problem is all about mentioned in last log of Build Failed , this

[java] JsniBundleGenerator - importing external javascript: com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/blockly.js[java] Adding ‘1’ new generated units[java] See snapshot:
C:\Users\MISHRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl8938277405968181567.java[java] Ignored 1 unit with compilation errors in first pass.[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘generated://A88AD4761B39F1C401A3562ABA93028E/com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl.java’[java] [ERROR] Line 114009: syntax error[java] > }.apply(window, [$wnd, $doc, $wnd.console]));[java] > --------------------------------------------[1] See snapshot: C:\Users\MISHRA~1\AppData\Local\Temp\com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl6672718149438303385.java[java] Tracing compile failure path for type ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘generated://A88AD4761B39F1C401A3562ABA93028E/com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl.java’[java] [ERROR] Line 114009: syntax error[java] > }.apply(window, [$wnd, $doc, $wnd.console]));[java] > --------------------------------------------[2] [ERROR] Hint: Check that the type name ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’ is really what you meant[java] [ERROR] Hint: Check that your classpath includes all required source roots[java] [ERROR] Errors in ‘com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/BlocklyPanel.java’[java] [ERROR] Line 70: Rebind result ‘com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel_BlocklySource_Impl’ could not be found[java] Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024m

1. java ↩︎

2. java ↩︎

This error is usually due to introducing a syntax into the blocklyeditor code that GWT doesn’t understand. For example, do not use arrow functions, certain regex literals, etc. because GWT’s compile cannot parse them correctly. You should stick to ES5 for any changes to the blocklyeditor sources. For example, leaving an unclosed double quote somewhere in any of the files in blocklyeditor/src could cause this error.

If you’re switching to master to demonstrate that this is broken on master, please make sure to run ant clean first.

2 Likes