Extension to download a file to ASD (app-specific directory) without WRITE permission

Unfortunately, doesn't work... Android 4.0

Strange! This directory (ASD) should be created automatically by AI2.

My app only creates this folder:

Please check if the ASD exists!

More than strange :slight_smile: I have surprised, but the full path exist in ASD!

But, anyway, after I have started an app again, it shows the same runtime error. Have no any idea...
In my app I'm using the extension "FileTools" by vknow360 - it doesn't show such error..

Ok, of course we can try to get to the bottom of the problem. But does it really make sense to do this for Android < 4.1 devices that almost nobody uses anymore? I do not think so!

Most builders (Kodular, Niotron, ...) use minSdkVersion = 19 or 21 (Android 4.4 or 5), except AI2 (API 7, Android 2.1 - for whatever reason).

I agree. It's very specific problem in my case. I'm making an app for old industrial machine, which works with Android 4.0. I'm not sure that new ones are working under this system. Besides, I have solved my issue with extension which mentioned above. Anyway, thank you, your extension is excellent, I'm using it in other projects.

Bisakah anda membantu menyelesaikan masalah saya?

Remove some (big) files from the assets and try again.

See also here:

Very good extension helps loat

1 Like

How to download a file to subfolder in ASD?

From my example blocks in the first post:

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Google Drive: Listing files issue

When i try to download several files (one by one), sometime when all files download completed, DownloadProgress still be triggered.

In my case, some time it will show log "downloading 8 of 7..." @Anke

See post #60.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: How do I save a CSV file in the ASD and share it from there?

if i close screen or app before download complete then download complete or not?

I already have DownloadToASD version 2 installed.

I updated to version 4.

Saved Project.
After a few days I see that the version is 2 again.
I changed it again.
After a few days I see that the version is 2 again.
I changed it again.

What causes this problem?

:woman_shrugging: The assets are probably not updated correctly with Companion. The problem should not occur with the compiled app.

Delete the Companion directory on your test device manually or see here:

I have not test device.
I make APK file and make the tests.

If not upload DownloadToASD ver 4 when make APK I have follow error:

ERROR: appinventor/ai_goup2010/Analizer/Radionika.yail line 293: caught exception in inliner for # - java.lang.RuntimeException: no such class: de.bodymindpower.DownloadToASD.DownloadToASD

Post the aia or send it to me via PM.

I try to connect via PM, but not receive response