i have tried about 3 extentions but only one worked i also tried creating new projects after deleting the old one same error occurred.
please be more specific... which extensions are you talking about? any links?
these are the 2 extentions i tried and did not work
and here is the one that worked(despite giving an error)
only extension authors are allowed to upload extensions... I removed them for you...
this is why I asked you for links to the published extensions...
@Gordon_Lu might be able to help
what about revealing that error?
also don't hesitate to provide a screenshot of what you are experiencing...
let me recommend you also to read our guide about how to ask, so we do not waste more time in figuring things out...
thanks i ll try it out now
this is the error i am getting while uploading any of the extentions the weather one shows up and works fine even after showing this error but the others do not show up (as for my code i still haven't uploaded anything)
as for when i try adding the same extension a second time this pop up shows up
I understand pardon my mistake here are the links
as we now can see, you are using the server alexa.appinventor.mit.edu
I updated the subject of your thread...
my guess is, that server is not ready to work with extensions?
I just tried that server and can confirm the issue...
@ewpatton might know more...
Try to import this one:
alexa_extension.aia (5.6 KB)
okay i will thx
ok thanks for your help
the aia file worked great but i still was not able to add any more extentions
Thanks for the report. I have identified the root cause of the issue and we will work on a fix.
And that would be, if I may ask?
The Alexa version merges a fairly old feature I wrote, which never made it into the mainline App Inventor branch, that uses the
category field of the
@SimpleProperty annotation to group the designer properties into collapsible categories in the properties panel. However, this information isn't emitted in the current build system for extensions (since it's not needed) and so when the Alexa system goes to render the grouped properties it creates a null pointer deference on the category name since it's not there.
I've already come up with the fix and tested it with the BLE extension and submitted a patch for review. Hopefully we can get it deployed next week.
deal ,thank you for your help let's hope it will work