Exposed beyond app through intent.getdata

I have an app which uses andexplorer called through activity starter. It worked fine for years, but now when I buld and reinstall it it I get an “exposed beyond app through intent.getdata”.

Google has not been helpful, mainly because anything I do find gets too technical for me. I gather though that it’s something to do with changing file access permissions in later versions of Android.

How do fix this? I don’t necessarily need to use andexplorer, I just want to be able to select a file. The directory will always be the same if that helps.

see this answer from @SteveJG in the old forum https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/6uYyXpIexdQ/vvlTtE_qCQAJ

Google removed the ability to use file:/// as a security change with intents (the ActivityStarter is how AI2 uses intents) File:// is not permitted in an Intent anymore on Android 7+. If it is used, it will throw FileUriExposedException

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thanks, Taifun

Hola mucho gusto!

Disculpa que te escriba, pero estoy con algunos problemas y quiero ver si puedes ayudarme con algunas cosas, uno de mis problemas es el mismo aqui planteado. Tengo una aplicacion que usa andexplorer y funciona muy bien, pero cambiamos las maquinas y estas traen android 10 y ya no funciona la aplicacion.
Me podras ayudar??

Quedo atento, gracias