Error with ant command on vps server

Hello dear.

i have this error when im try to run ANT on my server .

BlocklyCompile:
[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File not found at: /root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/blocklyeditor/../lib/closure-library/closure/goog
[java] at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:88)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getInputs(Manifest.java:393)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getFiles(Manifest.java:369)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getFiles(Manifest.java:363)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getAllDependencies(Manifest.java:324)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getInputsInCompilationOrder(Manifest.java:193)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getCompilerArguments(Manifest.java:177)
[java] at org.plovr.CompileRequestHandler.compile(CompileRequestHandler.java:94)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.BuildCommand.runCommandWithOptions(BuildCommand.java:58)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.BuildCommand.runCommandWithOptions(BuildCommand.java:31)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.AbstractCommandRunner.runCommand(AbstractCommandRunner.java:41)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Command.execute(Command.java:47)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Main.mainWithExitCode(Main.java:56)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Main.main(Main.java:30)
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:282: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/blocklyeditor/build.xml:63: Java returned: 1

my config is :

java -version
java version "1.8.0_241"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)

javac -version
javac 1.8.0_241

ant -version
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.14 compiled on March 12 2019

best regards

@ewpatton

i think i fogot :
git submodule update --init

now i have this error

BUILD FAILED
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build.xml:553: Java returned: 137

@ewpatton

Show the full error please

I agree with @Parth_Parmar. If you want assistance, you need to share more information with us @said_Dev.

1 Like

This is the full error dear @ewpatton @Parth_Parmar

[java] Compiling module com.google.appinventor.YaClient
[java] Ignored 3 units with compilation errors in first pass.
[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to DEBUG or WARN to see all errors.
[java] Ignored 2 units with compilation errors in first pass.
[java] Compile with -strict or with -logLevel set to TRACE or DEBUG to see all errors.
[java] Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel.BlocklySource'
[java] Rebinding com.google.appinventor.client.editor.youngandroid.BlocklyPanel.BlocklySource
[java] Invoking generator com.google.gwt.query.rebind.JsniBundleGenerator
[java] JsniBundleGenerator - importing external javascript: com/google/appinventor/client/editor/youngandroid/blockly.js
[java] Computing all possible rebind results for 'com.google.appinventor.client.utils.HTML5DragDrop.HTML5DragDropSupport'
[java] Rebinding com.google.appinventor.client.utils.HTML5DragDrop.HTML5DragDropSupport
[java] Invoking generator com.google.gwt.query.rebind.JsniBundleGenerator
[java] JsniBundleGenerator - importing external javascript: com/google/appinventor/client/utils/html5dnd.js
[java] Compiling 1 permutation
[java] Compiling permutation 0...
[java] Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000d5853000, 239775744, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)
[java] #
[java] # There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
[java] # Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 239775744 bytes for committing reserved memory.
[java] # An error report file with more information is saved as:
[java] # /root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/hs_err_pid19635.log

BUILD FAILED
/root/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appengine/build.xml:553: Java returned: 1

best regards

This is save my life :slight_smile:

https://docs.actian.com/vector/5.0/index.html#page/User/Increase_max_map_count_Kernel_Parameter_(Linux).htm

maybe some one need it

but still problem empty page @ewpatton @Parth_Parmar

When i run again sudo ant i have again the smae problem of memory @ewpatton @Parth_Parmar

@ewpatton @Krishjha07 @Parth_Parmar

I have switch to other vps with 8 Ram

now all is building success but still empty page

1 Like

See this issue which I created a few months ago because I have no knowledge about installation so you can check This I am not sure that is your solution is there or not but just check it

There are a lot of reasons the page might be blank. What errors do you see in the Network tab of your browser dev tools? Do you see any error messages in the console? Do you see any error messages in the various server logs? What’s the output of netstat -ntlp?

dear @ewpatton i see any error in browser .

this is output of cmd

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 810/mysqld
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 13147/apache2
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 717/sshd
tcp6 0 0 :::21 :::* LISTEN 9374/vsftpd
tcp6 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN 717/sshd

1 Like

Do you have Apache acting as a reverse proxy? If not, that would likely explain why you're just seeing a blank screen. If you are, you may want to look at the apache error logs.

1 Like

dear @ewpatton
How i can check if the server use Apache acting as a reverse proxy?

and i have see the log error nothing see not normal
this is url of error.log file : https://we.tl/t-mDGOHD06Gy

1 Like

If you're asking that question, the answer to my earlier question is probably "it isn't".

You may want to start by looking at Reverse Proxy Guide - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

If you want something simpler, try stopping apache and then restarting your dev server. Note that the dev_server.sh has no security, so you'll want to take that into consideration if you're running it directly on port 80.

1 Like

dear @ewpatton if i anderestand you so i need to use Apache acting as a reverse proxy ?

1 Like

Dear @ewpatton
When i inspecte the page i see this message in console :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use your method is working no without any problem

Thanks

1 Like