I’ve this problem in compiling APK file
App Inventor is unable to compile this project.
The compiler error output was
________Preparing application icon
________Creating animation xml
________Creating style xml
________Creating provider_path xml
________Creating network_security_config xml
________Generating adaptive icon file
________Generating round adaptive icon file
________Generating adaptive icon background file
________Generating manifest file
________Attaching native libraries
________Attaching Android Archive (AAR) libraries
________Attaching component assets
YAIL compiler - AAPT execution failed.
how i can fix this?
But can it depend of the size of the file? (22Mb)
Definitely if you are using the main ai2 server: http://ai2.appinventor.mit.edu
You will need to download your aia project to your PC, go to:
login and upload your project there. You may have more success.
Unfortunately this error occur also with http://code.appinventor.mit.edu/
I have just read that the problem of size can be determined because of the server.
In fact precedent release of the aia project (15 Mb) was correctly builded.
Can i post my AIA project to be examined ? And if is it possible where?
I have the same issue as mentioned by @Gaetano_Manzulli
Any luck on solving this?
If your project fails to build, provide a screenshot of the build error. Just telling us it doesn't compile won't help, we need more information.
- App too big for compiler
- Images too big, incorrectly formatted
- Errors in blocks (red crosses and yellow triangles)
- Multiple screens and poor screen management (switching)
https://www.professorcad.co.uk/appinventortips#TipsApk Cannot Build/Install/Run APK
Note, the next version of App Inventor, nb184, will have an increased project size allowance.
I am using MIT App Inventor on the WEB
This is the only error it is showing.
I doesn't show any issues in my blocks editor.
It was working fine until I added a .gif to a separate
screen. After this it started to tell me it can't build the apk. I did remove the changes I made, but still have the same issue.
The current apk I have is about 4mb
Currently there is only 3 screens in the app, as I understand you are limited at 10
There is 1 screen with code on it, not being used, but there is no errors in the blocks and the last apk dit work with it
A guess is that the entire second screen could be preventing compilation (even after you remove the gif).
- make a copy of your app; delete the additional screen and try running the app. What happens?
- check your Screen1.Initialization Blocks to see if anything there references the gif or other screen. gif's are currently only supported in the WebViewer. I would also remove the gif from your Media.
- did you create a custom icon? For the moment, revert back to the default app icon. One of the largest mistakes developers make that prevents the app from compiling is improperly changing the custom icon.
- if the app still refuses to compile, suggest you provide an image capture of your blocks. Your error capture is 'helpful', unfortunately some error messages do not provide specific information about an issue. Usually debugging these kinds of issues is a matter of loading a previous aia of the Project and working with it.
I have done the following:
1-Removed all additional Screens
2-Removed all block coding there is (even on Screen1)
-I did not remove the screen components though
3-I removed the icon file
4-Removed all media files
I still get the same issue.
5-I created a test app with nothing on it
How do I do a debug to get more info to share?
Can we see the Project that produces the unable to compile message?
By the way - what browser are you using?
I am using chrome.
I will make the project public, you should be able to see everything right?
Or I can share the last aia I have?
If your Project is not using extensions, you can upload it to this Topic.
... as a .aia file. We need to see the one that triggers the compiler error as you have screen captured.
I did went back to a previous checkpoint before any changes made. This works. I think it had something to do with the .gif. Because I only added a image component and added the .gif into it.
I appreciate all your help and suggestions.
If you can maybe help with Firebase Auth ext that will be great. I have managed to do the create part but struggling with the login side on the app.
3 posts were merged into an existing topic: User authentication using firebase
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.