Error from Companion: Cannot parse text argument to "list from csv row" as CSV-formatted row

I am making a writing prompt generator. It's a series of randomizers pulling prompts from separate lists. I've had it working in the past, but my latest update seems to have broken it. I added several new lists, some of which were nearly a thousand entries long. Here is what I am seeing now:

In the creator I am getting this Error from Companion: Cannot parse text argument to "list from csv row" as CSV-formatted row message, and then in the AI Companion app I am getting a The operation length of list cannot accept the arguments: , [nothing] Note: You will not see another error reported for 5 seconds. message.

I am very confused because the broken lists were all altered duplicates of ones that are still working fine. I thought maybe it was the data in the list, so I tried replacing the data with a working data set from a different list, but I still get the error. Any insights?

Thanks!

Edit: In the image, you will see one working list and two broken lists. Plus the companion blocks for each.

May be due to this( ' ').. Better avoid this and try, may be

1 Like

I think Spicy_Topics has found the cause - the format of the items in the row must be consistent. I note also that you have a space after the comma separator - that will become a prefix to the item name which is probably not wanted.

Why hard-code your rows in this way? It's tricky to manage them and so easy to make mistakes. Why not instead make a CSV file with the rows and read that in on App Launch, or if they have to be embedded, use Block Lists.

1 Like

You might find the SPLIT at ',' block more forgiving.

2 Likes

But i had no issue in copanion. may be something makes problem. Better click the Do it and show us your full response on each variable

like this

....even though it works, it's not desirable.

1 Like