Error 1003 canvas height cannot be set to not- positive number

program:
BT_Walle_MKI_fina6.aia (4.6 MB)
Hello !
Hello !
Please help. The attached .aia file after compilation on the Oppo Colors 13.1 phone shows the following message:
"Error 1003 canvas height cannot be set to not- positive number" and the application is reset.
On Redmi 4A, MIUI 10.2.3 works fine and there is no error message.
Can someone correct the CODE in the .aia file so that it is universal for phones other than Redmi 4a.
The code was downloaded from:

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

When does the app close/reset ?

As soon as the error appears after a few seconds.

After the app starts then?

You have four/five canvases, making it difficult to identify which one is causing the problem, but you do seem to be changing the height of the Radio canvas a lot. You could use Do It in the companion to see what happens...

You also have an incomplete and unconnected drawArc block:

How can this be fixed?

I'm completely green when it comes to programming. I 3D printed the robot and connected the hardware. Generally, everything works as it should, but there is a problem with the application on the OPPO phone

here is the original .aia file without the BT address
BT_Walle_MKI_final.aia (4.6 MB)

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Thank you, but I'm looking for a helpful person (who will debug and repair this code for the proverbial beer) - it's for me and all other fans of the WALL_e robot.

Difficult for anyone else to test:

• no Wall-e robot
  • no OPPO phone

you have these, so you will need to debug

1 Like

I tried using MITAI2 AI companion, the application on the phone shows up for a moment and disappears with a message about no connection to the PC
This error does not allow debugging because after a while there is a reset... and the application to restart it does not work.

Attention !
Setting the phone to standard resolution eliminates the above-mentioned error.

Well done, a device issue, not an app issue :wink:

Thanks for letting us know you resolved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.