Enable TLS 1.2 for Android WebView

I'm trying to make an app to access my website using this cool Android handheld device with a barcode scanner. Unfortunately it's a very old device and only has Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, so TLS 1.2 is disabled by default. It's supposedly possible to enable it, it just literally isn't turned on unless you turn it on manually.

Is there an AI extension to FORCE TLS 1.2 for older devices so that WebView and Web components can access HTTPS sites?

You might be able to do it by replacing the standard WebView with the Custom Extension:

Actually CustomWebView extension requires Android Lollipop.

Thank you for your response, but vknow360 is correct; this would require the OS to be Android Lolipop or higher unfortunately :frowning:

This is what you are looking for:

Let's see if an Extension developer will rise to the challenge:

It's not as simple as wrapping that code, it needs I think a similar approach to vknow360's custom WebView to get it to work in App Inventor.

If nobody wants to try, it might be easier for you to build your App in a text-based language such as Java, Kotlin or B4A.

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/extension-suggestion-webview-and-server-authentication-that-requires-tlsv1-2-android-4-3-and-up/54825/5