E-mail or push notification help/suggestion

Hello everyone. Not sure if I should post the question here or under extensions. With so many push notification and E-mail extension. I need some type of notification for my app wether it's through email or a push notification. I read that using message direct from activity start will throw a flag with Google play.

What is there any built in options or an easy way to incorporate E-mail or push notifications? I saw some developers are using one signal but that will require firebase and does each user have to register with one signal to use it?

I am trying to find a way so there is no user intervention. I can use the messaging option and email options and populate the subject and to areas but it uses the users default email client and they have to manually send the email.

Sorry for the long post

Summerize: looking for a solution to send a push notification or text message or email without user interaction.

That's exactly what the new Google Security Measures target, so no joy there unfortunately.

There is a big difference between the three methods, what is it exactly that you need to do via the App in the User's hands? Where does the message go?

Hi Chris. The user can select an expiration date in the app. I need a way to send a reminder to the user when their subscription is about to expire in 5 or less days. It can either be through a push notice or an email. E-mail may be a little easier to incorporate I think.

I have tried the SMTP extension but I can not get it to send out the email. I am using Gmail but I can switch to mail chimp or another email service.

Thanks for helping

I can even setup the email on my web host. I just need the php script and blocks that would show me how to do it.

what about sending a notification? the alarmmanager extension can do it...

Taifun

Hi. I got the paid version from you a little bit ago and have been playing with it. Can you please show me the block the will make the alarm/notification go off every day around 10:00 am? I am trying to hard code the time but it will not go off. Does time picker need to be running also in the app?

Thanks
Mark

see the example project "Picture Of The Day" here App Inventor Extensions: Alarm Manager | Pura Vida Apps

here a spinner is used to pick an hour between 0 and 23

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

Hi, Thank you for the block example. This worked. I saw what I was doing I was entering the hour in 12hr format and the minutes as 30:00. Also the interval did not have quotes around it.

Thanks again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.