Detected Issues in v 2.64.3-3 from 29.09.2023

Other issue,
11- This is very very corious issue. The block Timer for MakeInstant only runs well between the 00:00 to 12:59 in the iOS platform. If you put a time bettween 13:00 and 23:59 you will have a Fatal Error.
I attach you the aia file to test this issue.
I spent a lot of time to detect this mistake because all is running well in ANdroid but in iOS only runs well on the morning, in teh afternoon is not runnin well¡¡¡¡
@ewpatton : For this mistake I have not a possibility to do one workarround. To can follow testing will be necesary to have a new version with this mistake solved fpr your team. Can you delivery the fast correction?
Thanks

The aia file to test:
testMAKEINST.aia (3.0 KB)

I have a mistake with the block of "Replace All Mappings" because it si not delivery to iOS in this current version.
Mr @ewpatton Can you tell me when will be delivered this option for your team?
Thanks

To help. As workaround of the "Text Repace Mapping" not running in iOS platform I have this option blocks:

And not this:

Is not optimal, but runs.

Other IMPORTANT issue:
12- Similar the point 7. I have a Notifier in Android running well. If I open this same aia in the iOS Platform then the "ShowChooseDialog" is NOT running well -tested with Companion- (it open and close with one second of delay, you can not read or select anything because is showed only 1 second). If you delete it in the iOS platform and write a new Notifier here, then it runs all well. It will be a serious problem to can maintain the same app in both platforms¡¡¡

For this type of conversion projects between platforms as different as Android and iOS, the re-engineering to be carried out is very important and for this reason I thank MIT for its great work since the incidents that are detected are of normal details.

More issues.
13-This is relative to write "defensive software" in the iOS platform. In Android these examples are running well when we have the follow blocks inside a Timer loop procedure every (1 sec). The same blocks in iOS have a random Irritant Errors with randoms "null lists".
a) In Android they are running always well, but in iOS both examples have random mistakes.

b) To runs well in iOS you need to add a "defensive sw" to prevent the random "null lists" in this platform:

The issue Point 8 is not more detected now. May be was produced for other component of my app to be migrated iOS: You can delete this point. Sorry.

About the several problem in the issue Point 11. The mistake about the Timer block not running with times from 12:00 to 24:00 is also produced when the result of any timer is on time clock bettween 12:00 - 24:00. For example if you have a normal time before 12:00 and Add x minutes, if the result is a new time beetwen 12:00-24:00 you will have a fatal error for null instance.

Mr. @ewpatton for the problems with the Timer block (12:00 to 24:00) I don't have any posibility of workarounds to solve this issue. Please, can tell me when (more or less) can your team solve this AI2 mistake in the iOS Platform?

Regarding point 4 (Screen designs) the Notifier in iOS (now only in background color = white) has very poor visibility for the text. On Android it's better (the background in Android has only black as background color). See you the examples. Of course, we still have the compatibility issue betwwen both platforms if one only has a black background color and the other only white background color.

With any shortcut or botched jobs I have now my app in iOS is really pretty.

Hi @Ferran_SIMON, @dyjkim will review the thread and verify the issues. I'm not sure that we can address all of them (for example, iOS doesn't provide a way to change the background color of the alert view), but we can report back once we've tested everything.

I'm first tackling the layout issue for iOS, the layout mismatch between iOS and Android has been a complicated problem for a while and the team is working on with it. When we find a fix we will get back to you thanks.

OK. Thanks Mr @ewpatton. Meanwhile I will use only a compatible colors for both platforms (black/white, fuchsia and teal).

OK. Thanks a lot.

For me now the big problem is theTimer mistake (13:00 to 24:00). Can you prioritize this error to solve it?

Ok @dyjkim. Thanks. If you need more teste, no hesitate to tell me.

Other issue,
14- This is not a important issue but I want to explain it to help somebody. In Android you can call the same Notifier inside the got response of it, for example in "After Text Imput" event. This is very interesting to verify texts formats inputs of the users app. For example:

It runs well in Android. But in iOS it produce a failure and stop the app.

Mr @ewpatton can you tell me about the problem with the Timer Component not running for iOS between the 13:00 until 24:00 when can be solved for your team?. This is a job stoper for my app because it use a lot of Timer components. Will be good, only a estimated planing date.
Thanks

I will see if we can get the timing issue resolved this week. Generally, if you can produce a simple test case that fails it is easier for us to debug rather than looking through the code for a full app.

I do not get this error when using your test app. I see the following:

I think you are ussing a 12:00 PM and AM Clock in you Ipohne (it is normal in USA). In EU is normal to use the 24:00 Clock. See you the Date-Clock parameter in my Iphone:

Can you verify the Clock parametrs in your Iphone if the problem is it? In Android I have also the same 24:00 Clock ans runs well, but in iOS Ihave and irritant null error on all the Timer blocks whne calculate Date-Time after the 13:00..