Detect user input

Hello again, I have a hard time with the blocks of this extension. I wanted that when the screen started or when any of the following buttons was clicked that a 1 minute timer would start, if at the end of that minute there was no user input the screen would switch to "Screen1", that's basically what I described above, but I have a hard time doing that. Can you help me with the blocks?

We probably need to stop developing for the moment.

Do you know why you need 14 screens in your app ?

Did you see the warning when you got to 10 screens ?

Do you know how to switch screens correctly?

What are you attempting with the DraweMenu extension ?

Have you tried what I suggested in one of your other screens ?

Okay, so each screen gives a different document display. Yes I saw the warning but I thought it wasn't a big deal. When the "documentos" screen opens, a drawmenu is created, and I can choose the document I want to see through the buttons. Yes, I tried what you suggested to me, however, the extension is not very straightforward and there is not much material to see how it works, which is why I have difficulties using the extension.

It sounds like you could do this all on one screen.

What documents? PDF/Text/Doc/other ?

I have pdf, pptx and excel. For the pdf I'm using pdf viwer, for excel I'm using the html loader, because I moved execl to one drive and generated an html code for the sheet to always be up to date, and for pptx I'm using google drive.

These are my blocks, they don't work, or at least don't do what I want them to do.

Here is an example aia project

returnifnottouched.aia (3.4 KB)

1 Like

It's working well for now, thank you. But in relation to non-clickable components, what can I do using the extension you gave me previously? That's my biggest doubt.

I did not provide you with an extension for click events...

You might try this one though:

1 Like

Okay, I'm sorry, I completely forgot that you hadn't sent me a link to an extension, but rather to look for extensions, however, that was the extension I downloaded, and that was the extension I was asking for help with.

But I think I've already found the solution to my problem, I'll let you know later if I need help. Thank you!

I solved my problem and everything is working 100%. Thanks!

Here are the blocks from one of my screens.

If you get to that screen from Screen1, the you should just closeScreen. Do not open another instance of Screen1.

But in this example, on screen1 I clicked on a button that opens another screen, I clicked on a button again that opened another screen, where these blocks are located, and I want when the timer ends the screen to "reset" and return to screen1 if I close screen returns to the previous screen which is not the desired one.

In which case:

1 Like

I think Virtual Screens would suit your App better.

When we define virtual screens, we use one 'real' App Inventor Screen (most often Screen1). Screen-sized Vertical Arrangements on it are displayed/hidden as required - they are the Virtual Screens. This is generally a better approach for multi-screen Apps, they share data without having to "pass" it between screens and it also reduces code duplication, making the App more efficient and the code easier to follow if you have to return to it at a later date.

So, instead of separate "houses", virtual screens are "rooms" of the same "house".

Note though, you don't need 1 Screen (or Virtual Screen) per document. The User can only view one screen, so that screen can be defined as a viewer for all of the documents. You could have one Virtual screen each for the document type and any unique components that screen may require.

Thank you! once again.

I understand what you say, I had read the warning about multiple screens, I have a web viewer going through many links, I think it would be better organized if it had multiple screens.
I have more things in the app that I think are fine for now, if I need to change anything in the app or if there are problems, I will use these solutions. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.