Deleting unnecessary CloudDB

How to delete an unnecessary database from the cloud so that others remain?

You only have the one database.

You can:

ClearTag(tag)
Remove the tag from CloudDB.

If you are running your own redis server with cli access, you may be able to do more.

I'm worried that for the test I tried to put 300 characters long text in the CloudDB tag, it wrote it down and the value below it, but I can't delete it. The value was deleted, but ClearTag does not work on this tag.

Doesn't ClearTag just delete the tag while leaving the values?

Clear Tag removes the tag and the value associated with it.

If you create a tag with a value, then run getTagList, you will see the tag. Then clear the tag, and run getTaglist again, the tag will no longer be there.

Tested with a 300 character tag, this is successfully cleared by CoudDB ClearTag.

I tried to put 300 characters long text in the CloudDB tag, it wrote it down and the value below it, but I can't delete it. The value was deleted, but ClearTag does not work on this tag.

I did so and when asking a TagList it was still there.

Check that your tags are coming back in the order you expect. Is the length of list the same each time ? Are you deleting another tag instead ?

This is the only tag of this project

and if you keep clicking Button 1, this tag is returned everytime ?

I do not see this, App Inventor eventually generates an error once there are no tags left

YES, it returned everytime

What is being returned here:

Does it match what you see in the listview ?

Is length of List = 1 ?

Yes and yes, and in the textbox too...

Any other relevant blocks ?

No, i made this project only to test.

Other Tags and values were deleted successfully.

I removed the store commands from the project after store.

Well, as advised earlier, it is working OK for me with a tag name of 300 characters, I do not know what else to suggest. Perhaps share your project (or if on your personal redis server, you can Private Message me with the project), so that I can test it.

You haven't said if you are using your own redis server or the MIT server...

How to send Private Message

Click on my icon from this post, and you will see a message button

This is what happens if I click on your icon

TIMAI2

metricrat

Power User

This user's public profile is hidden.

It is all what happened if i clicking on your icon

Try it now...

There seems to be a corruption with the specific token in use, removing the same tag with the very long string (paragraph) when using another token works OK.

I have PM'd @jis with the details (this is on the MIT cloudDB server)