Date Picker doesn't work for me

I am doing load with MYSQL database engine.
I have a date picker to select a date of birth for a field. Before adding the date field, the other data worked perfectly for me. When i finally add this field, it gives me an error. That error it gives is "OCURRIO UN ERROR".
Thanks!!
Here photos of the blocks.

You may need to use the uriEncode block on your date text?

Is the error from App Inventor, or in responseContent from the server ?

When I put the response content tag I get "Error 1103": Unable to post or put the text ... with the specified URL: ... "

Did you try the UriEncode block (in the Web component list)?

Excuse my ignorance, but which component are you talking about?

This one

Oh good. Where should this block go?

put it inbetween the join block and your date text block

I did it, but it still doesn't work
I get the following:

Yes, sorry, I just revisited your images and see you are using POSTText which already encodes.

You will need to check your php file and your database at the other end to ensure you have everything correct there also.

Have you tried sending the url and parameters with curl or Postman ?

I also see that your error is based upon the failure of the lookups, not the responseContent.

Is the responseContent still returning the same message? I would temporarily set responseContent to a label so that you can see what is coming back

Yes, the response content returns the same, only now it takes the message specifically from the code

What is the search failure you say?

Can you please show the full return of the responseContent?

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here https://puravidaapps.com/learn.php
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

and for future better readable screenshots: To get an image of your blocks, right click in the Blocks Editor and select "Download Blocks as Image". You might want to use an image editor to crop etc. if required. Then post it here in the community.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

2 Likes

Read this (especially point 3 and 4):

Are you sure the date should look like this: 2021-2-1, and not e.g. 2021-02-01?