Database query help

I have a database of 3000000 cells, I did a data query on google sheets. however the response is too long, about 30 seconds, for a query result, can anyone advise me a free database management system and faster response when querying data on google page can you calculate it?

1 Like

I use Airtable and I got my all data in 3 seconds.

2 Likes

do i have to pay the fee?

1 Like

No, you do not need to pay fee.
I use it Freeeeee

3 Likes

It depends, Airtable has a free and premium plan.

3 Likes

The free plan only has 1200 records, which is less than my database. If using firebase I can't import my excel file, do you have a better solution?

1 Like

3 million cells is way too much. Try using different spreadsheets, and also, combine data to lists. About 10 datas in a list would be fine.

2 Likes

If I do some math...

3,000,000 / 10 / 1200 = 250 (spreadsheets)

This is way too much even with lists. I guess premium plan is essential now.

1 Like

thank you very much, I have a non-commercial project, so the free database is my top priority

2 Likes

You could/should use MySQL on your own server or SQLite (either on the device or via php server)

Show your query string and method in the app.
What sort of speed do you get if you use a query formula on the spreadsheet itself?

4 Likes

I query the database 3,000,000 cells (375,000 rows x 8 columns) and output 3 rows, the execution time is 30 seconds

1 Like

Of course, if the data is large, the loading time will definitely be longer than you expected.

2 Likes

Thank you, if same data and same query then query results on google sheets and on sqlite which will give better results

1 Like

I'm not sure, I've never checked SQLite.

1 Like

An sql database is relational and can contain several tables, so the data can be logically split, making queries quicker. Taifun has written an extension:

1 Like

I checked that out before, but it's paid.

The Coding Bus has some videos about it.

1 Like

I don't see in this thread any mention of important considerations:

• is the database updated by multiple users?
  • Is the database private to one user?
1 Like

Can you tell more about the structure of the database?
What is in each column?
Maybe it can be optimized by eliminating duplicate data and have a better structure with more tables in so called 3rd normal form.

2 Likes

i have a separate database and not allowed to connect to that database, i just extract the data and import to google sheet to share with mobile users

1 Like

my data type is text type, including 8 columns * 345000 rows, one primary key contains different subsets, so need to query all those subsets, no duplicate data between rows

1 Like