Data Picker Bug

Greetings,
I just encountered a possible bug in Clock1.DurationToHours. In fact by running the difference in hours between two Data Pickers; if it is only one day, then the answer is rightly 24 hours. While running the difference between two days; the answer corresponds to 47 hours..three days, corresponds to 71 hours etc..therefore when several days elapse; the formula goes to subtract 1 unit :thinking:

I confirm, the difference comes from the date picker itself.
The difference comes from the fact that tomorrow we change the time from winter to summer. Other future days are no problem. We put the clocks forward, so one hour disappears.

@Patryk_F Sorry to contradict you; but it's just a bug .. in fact even if today the time has changed; if I calculate the hours of two days; the result is always 47 :flushed:

I wrote "tomorrow" in the previous post. So today. Anything with the date March 26, 2023 will show one hour less. Try starting tomorrow's date...
The day is counted from 0:00 on 26/03/2023 to 0:00 on 27/03/2023. On 26/03/2023 at 2:00 we changed the clocks to 3:00, so one hour has slipped away, today there are 23 hours in a day.

@Patryk_F I'll let you know tomorrow :+1:

That's what I tried in my example. Everything about today has an hour less. The rest of the dates are correct. This is not a bug, on the contrary...

1 Like

Introduce date day 26 and you will get same issue

P.S. It is not a bug

26 has 23h, it's not a problem.

Yes, that's clear, but @Nicola_Imperati claimed it always occurs (so not just because of Daylight Saving Time).

Hopefully this idiotic daylight saving time will be abolished soon.
I can still remember times without this nonsense.

1 Like

@Anke I tried to make the difference between March 28th and March 30th; and the result gives me 48..so I confirm that daylight saving time..it just annoys me :wink:

1 Like

:+1: definitely

Really ?

Daylights Saving was first enacted in Europe in 1916 as a response to war. To conserve fuel, Germany and Austria advanced the clocks by one hour between 30th April and 1st October. The United Kingdom quickly adopted Daylight Saving and others followed

Daylight saving time in the "Deutsches Kaiserreich" in 1916 only existed for 3 years. In Germany (more precisely the FRG and GDR) this was introduced in 1980 (after the oil crisis in the mid-1970s).