CustomWebView : An extended form of Web Viewer

Is it possible to use CustomWebView with Bluetooth Web Api?
Any plans to support it?

See here (just working with Chrome Developer Mode): https://brushlesspower.github.io/

Unfortunately no.
You should try ChromeCustomTab instead.

1 Like

Do you know how to use ChromeCustomTab with AI2?

1 Like

Thank you @vknow360
After some research to find the ChromeCustomTab Extension, i got it directly working with BLE Web API

1 Like

Hello,

after upgrading to V11 my WebView does not work anymore. I wanted to downgrade back to V4 but the extension import failed.

So now my Question:
Waht do i have to change, that the Webview is working again?
Path to the index.html is file:///storage/emulated/0/Android/data/appinventor.ai...../files/webview/index.html

Make sure you enable FileAccess property after setting active webview.

Thank you @vknow360.

in V4 it was a Check Box in Designer Tab.
Not noticed that was removed.

is it allowed to be published on google play , or as always they block the app ?

The only issue you may face will be related to SSL errors, which if you handle correctly then your app will be approved.

1 Like

You mean they want all links to be in https , that's their main condition ?

because i'm looking to upload a web traffic exchange app

I am using the AI2Offline, after add the extension in the designer viewer, and got this:

Error from Companion: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/view/autofill/AutofillManager;

any idea why?

The error is due to an experimental feature which didn't go right. :sweat_smile:
You should try v12beta instead.

where is this v12beta? I can not find it in your github repo.

It is in beta branch.

1 Like

In order to help here it is

5 Likes

Hello! How do I fix this error?
Error 908: The permission RESOURCE_PROTECTED_MEDIA_ID has been denied. Please enable it in the settings app.

use these blocks and from the dropdown list choose the permission you want.

instead of screen1.initialize you can take button.click or any other too !

see the answers here

I do not know, it the custom webview extension is able to do it?
@vknow360?

Taifun

This permission is requested and need to be granted in the same way as mic and camera access in WebView.

The logic for granting permissions in WebView is quite simple. You only have to grant permission only when asked.
You can search in the community and I am sure you can find some relevant examples.

Hello! I have tried granting that permission when asked and it's not working. It may be something my end? Could I see how to grant this specific permission when asked? Again it could be something that I am doing wrong. :slightly_smiling_face: