Creating an API that takes in a project file (.aia file) and outputs an APK file

I am working on a project that requires me to generate APK files from MIT App Inventor Project files (my_project.aia, for example).

I am aware that I can do this by uploading the aia file to the App Inventor Server, building the project, and downloading the apk. I have run the app inventor server locally and can hence perform this step offline as well.

I would like to make an end-to-end API where I can pass an aia as input and get the corresponding APK file, getting rid of the uploading aia and downloading apk steps.

I think this can possibly be done using MIT App Inventor’s codebase (https://github.com/mit-cml/appinventor-sources) by using the right source code files and calling the appropriate functions. I am very new to App Inventor and might be wrong though. Is there a way to do this?

this has been answered by @Diego here

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.