Create photo collage and save to phone

I am trying to build an app that allows me to take a photo and then overlay other images on top to create a new image that I can then save to my phone. I am going round in circles. Can anyone help please or give me links to tutorials or code snippets that can achieve what I want. Thanks very much, Ron.
ps The images I want to overlay are of puppets with the background removed. I am a puppeteer and I want people to be able to take a photo of themselves and then by pressing a button (one for each puppet character ), they can create a photo of themselves with one or more of my puppets.
Hope somebody can help me.
Many thanks.

See here:

https://puravidaapps.com/image.php

An image extension that, among other things, provides an overlay function

1 Like

Thank you. I will have a look. Hope I can follow it. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve copied the code and given it a try but when I take photo I am just left with a blank screen. I’ve checked my internal storage. No sign of a saved file. Back to the drawing board. :pensive:

you might want to download the Scale & Overlay test project from here App Inventor Extensions: Image | Pura Vida Apps to understand how to use the Overlay method

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Thanks very much. Yes, I did read it through before I set it up on my own computer. I’ll have another look at what I’ve done in case I’ve made a mistake somewhere.