Copy png images from app canned directory (//file.png) to external directory like Downloads

Is it possible to copy png images from app canned directory (//file.png) to external file like Downloads?

Yes, use the File component

It may be easier, in order to handle permissions, to copy to your ASD, then to a shared storage area.

Hmm, what would that change?

The File component should request storage permissions (WRITE on Android < 11) automatically.

Thanks

I can't list the contents of canned app dir.

Did you try an empty string as directory name?
Tai

Yes as I show I used empty , / , // , /// and the data...path
and I get files that reside in Android..path (66 files)
With /data/data/... 0 files

what happens if you use Do it?

Unbenannt

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools

if you test this in the companion app, then you get all assets from all your App Inventor projects you used the companion app to test

You might want to clean the assets directory manually before testing your project

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

The File component uses (needs) a relative path (not an absolute path).

Ok, so what path should I put there?..pls an example...my cell has Android 12.

@Taifun has already shown it:

OK Thanks you all, I was confused not knowing that in companion mode use different directory. Now it works!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.