Converting of app inventor blocks to JavaScript (is USSD possible?)

You can use Javascript, within an HTML file, through a WebView component - Java is as similar to Javascript as a square is to a circle.

What is it that you wish to achieve that cannot be done with App Inventor itself?

Adding ussd to my application

Unstructured Supplementary Service Data?

Yes that is it

For the uninitated, which included me:

I believe you cannot use that protocol from within an App. It's specifically for service providers to use via their network servers and there isn't even a standard for it's codes....

Oh okay then . Thank you for this ! This is what I have been trying to ind out

what exactly are you rying to do?
Probably you already can do it using the activity starter...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

What I am trying to do is that people can pay for services through subscription but without the app.

In developing countries , the way they pay for airtime or data is through ussd . What I am trying to do is to implement such for my app . But they will not do it through my app but through dialing the code on the keypad on their phone .

which means, you can try the mentioned activity starter solution?
Taifun

I will like to add ussd service to my application. May I have some articles and some advice on how to do that ?

Any advice please.

it does not look like you followed the previous link?

Taifun

Thank you so much

So what this means is that I will have to pay for the ussd service before I can implement it with my app ?

I would like to add ussd service to my apto work in such a way that people can add themselves to my group by just typing a ussd code on their phone keypad and not like an in app purchase method

You want your app users to pay you for using your app using USSD. That is probably not possible .

Why? When a user sends a message to the phone company network, it is received by a computer dedicated to USSD. The computer's response is sent back to the phone, generally in a basic format that can easily be seen on the phone display.

You are not a phone company nor do you provide a phone network. You are not a mobile network provider. Your app piggy-backs on your phone provider's network to provide texts to others.

An in app purchase method is probably your only recourse to get compensated for the service you provide.

See August 4 @ChrisWard I believe you cannot use that protocol from within an App. It's specifically for service providers to use via their network servers and there isn't even a standard for it's codes....

3 Likes

Hello , I found a way to add ussd service to my app but in order to do that , I must integrate the app to the API . How can I do that ?

How to work with the web component and an API by Stephen

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.