Converting of app inventor blocks to JavaScript (is USSD possible?)

So what this means is that I will have to pay for the ussd service before I can implement it with my app ?

I would like to add ussd service to my apto work in such a way that people can add themselves to my group by just typing a ussd code on their phone keypad and not like an in app purchase method

You want your app users to pay you for using your app using USSD. That is probably not possible .

Why? When a user sends a message to the phone company network, it is received by a computer dedicated to USSD. The computer's response is sent back to the phone, generally in a basic format that can easily be seen on the phone display.

You are not a phone company nor do you provide a phone network. You are not a mobile network provider. Your app piggy-backs on your phone provider's network to provide texts to others.

An in app purchase method is probably your only recourse to get compensated for the service you provide.

See August 4 @ChrisWard I believe you cannot use that protocol from within an App. It's specifically for service providers to use via their network servers and there isn't even a standard for it's codes....

3 Likes

Hello , I found a way to add ussd service to my app but in order to do that , I must integrate the app to the API . How can I do that ?

How to work with the web component and an API by Stephen

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Show us the API?

Pls could you explain further . I don’t quite understand what u meant with that statement

which API are you using? any link to its documentation?
and don't forget to learn

Taifun

I really don’t know but what I am supposed to do is I need to integrate my app to the api so as to connect it to the ussd service

Herin

Why are you persisting with this? Have you obtained a license agreement with a Service Provider to use their USSD? If so, your questions should be directed to that company concerning their API, should an API for 3rd parties actually exist.

Okay thanks ! I will definitely reach out to them

I will appreciate if I could be given some questions that I could ask the service providers

Yes I want to obtain a license that is why I am asking all these questions

So I was making some experiments in order to convert my app inventor aia or apk into a programming language

and so I decided to open the aia on a notepad and it seems it is encrypted, do u think there is a way for me to decrypt it ?

the blocks are the code, App Inventor is the programming language
you might want to read this thread from the beginning again...

Taifun

I have been able to convert it to java

Hi Herin
You will need this link to help you:
https://www.javaprogrammingforums.com/

Hello chrisWard, I believe you are well. I have almost the same problem as "Hervin love". Only that I would like to automate the USSD process in an app to allow people to pay with the app. I have already found a site that automates all USSD processes in Africa without going through the telecom operators. Only that the example of this integration is done with Android studio. I would like to do it with App Inventor. This is the site:

http://docs.usehover.com/

There is a whole documentation there disappointed and the integration with Android studio is very easy, only that I am very comfortable with the blocks of the Inventor app language than the java codes (Android studios)

Can you help me please!

To use the Hover API, you would have to write an Extension for App Inventor.

If you can't do that yourself, you can add a Topic to the Extensions forum with the Topic Title prefixed 'Suggested Extension' and explain what you need the extension to do.

However, I note that subscription to Hover is expensive - beware of that.