Connect to accesspoint without internet no IP, taifun wifi extension

Hi, i have an acces point into an ESP8266 with server in port80, using Taifun extension to seacrh acces point available. When i try to connect to ESP , afterwifinegotietion was true BUT when i check into phone settings wifi, i dont have an IP asigned.
But, when i connect to the same accesspoint manually an android(6.0) pop-up a warning message about that wifi do not have internet connection, when i choose OK all fine, i receive an IP and can navigate into my ESP8266.

Some idea how solve it ?

Best Regards

Gabriel

it seems to be, I have to test this special case to find out what is going on... this might take a few days...

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hi, any news about this topic ?

I just tested this on my Android 8 device using the wifi test project downloadable from here https://puravidaapps.com/wifi.php and can’t see any issues

I tested like this after starting the wifi test project

1. enable Wifi
  2. connect to a SSID (I removed the network cable from my router , so there is no internet…)
  3. after a while I get the message “WiFi negotiation was successful”
  4. “get SSID” shows the ssid of the router
  5. “get local IP” shows 192.168.0.111 (a valid local ip address)

you might want to try the same tests… also you might want to try another device to find out, if it is an Android version specific issue

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by Taifun.

Hi, i found this

but my cell is not rooted, may be Taifun can include this inside the extension ?

or, how can i do using ActivityStarter ??

The big problem is that: as long as the ad is not clicked, android does not assign an ip to the cell phone

Thanks

for this you might want to try the Terminal / Shell Extension by @Juan_Antonio

Taifun

Hi, i do but seems not work.
The shell extension do not return any info about success or fail
And the exclamation alert is show it

I’ll try to use your extension again(instead an activitystarter wifi connection) and check for an IP, if not assigned i´ll display a warning message telling the user that must confirm the Android warning message.

Many thanks !!

Solved !

Into my captive portal (into ESP8266) i´ve an DNS server, and of course an FileNotFound function that returns the 404 code.
Keeping in mind that the Android check service try to get an 204 code when it try to get URI /generate_204 I returning that code for only this query and magic is done !

The network is recognized like a full internet wifi connection.

Its clear that this solution in only valid when you can manage the DNS
For most IOT device implementation this look great.

Hello,
I have the same problem, how did you solve the problem, thank you for your help.

Hi, sorry by the delay.
Instead answer an 404 code, answer an 204 code when your server receive /generate_204 URI query from android device.
In my case i´m working with an arduino board, so I modify the captive portal example

I hope can help you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.