Completely empty the TinyDB

Greetings members of the forum, I have a problem with TinyDB, I have tried several ways to delete records from tinyDB and it does so at that moment, but I reload the application and those records appear again. I also tried to search for each tag and delete it, uninstall the application and after installing again the data appears again.

How can I permanently delete the data?
If I have changed any TinyDB tag, that means that they are not deleted because there would be no way to delete them... should I look in a folder on my cell phone and delete them? how do i do it
thanks in advance

It is not deleted from the TDB

This also happens in other of my screens

and even if it is deleted, it reappears when opening the application

2 Likes

I have also applied that block, it actually looks clean, I close the application .. then I open it and the data appears again

Check how you are using Namespaces.

This might be an artifact of how you close screens, where you open more screens but don't close screens. (Unfounded speculation)

To save I do like this:

To delete for Monday, I do like this:

List indexes are supposed to be numbers, not alphabetic tags

so change like this?

Where did you learn how to use lists?

The truth is that I have only followed blocks that some show... I have not had classes on this... some on YouTube but when I try to do the same for myself, it gets complicated :roll_eyes: :disappointed:

Search for FAQ Lists and see if a copy of the free online book chapter on lists is there.

Right now I have changed it but I get an error

OK

I dont get the free book

but I got this :

https://community.appinventor.mit.edu/t/working-with-lists-and-tinydb/11568

I read now

That is to say, I want to delete all the elements of the list and that they are neither in the TDB, nor are they seen in the ListView... there are no examples of that in the book and I can't find them on youtube either

Now I have put it like this, it doesn't work either, I get the error

Lists... you might read
Programming Lists of Data

or

https://imagnity.com/tutorials/app-inventor/list-blocks-on-app-inventor/

Here are some resources to help you learn to use the AI2 tools. A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.

There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps

How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also look here App inventor español. Offline. Tutorial. Ejemplos. Instalación. Códigos. Juegos. Curso gratis de App inventor. and here Tutorial Index | Imagnity for more tutorials

Learn about components Component Reference
and visit the Library The MIT App Inventor Library: Documentation & Support Help>Library on the MENU

1 Like

Thank you @SteveJG I will continue to review, ..

Greetings, I have reviewed most of the examples, they delete one by one... I am looking to eliminate all the records that disappear from the TDB and cannot be seen in Listview...
I would like to confirm what I have done because I get errors when I think the block is fine... :disappointed_relieved:

Simplify and test.

For those people with no access to AI2 books in their language, I have copied the Lists chapter (19) from the online MIT book to FAQ Section: Books, Tips, Tutorials for AI2 - #3 by ABG

The pictures are unchanged, and untranslatable, but at least the text can be translated using this board's translate facilities.

And maybe I'm not explaining well... the issue is not how much I have read or not seen on YouTube.
The issue is experience... and here I have stated that there is persistent data, that I make the changes that I make when I install the application... you see the data that should not be there, the ones that I have apparently already deleted in some way (for example with clear all TinyBD)
I would think that I should do something on the cell phone, that is, search in the folder explorer, but I have not done it until someone with more experience has told me that I should do that or it is simply a question of the blocks..
I hope you understand me