Compile fail to .apk

Hello,

I created a project last year and installed it on my phone without any problems at the time. Now the old phone is broken and I wanted to install it again. When compiling, an error message is now displayed and I don't know how to fix it. There are no yellow or red warnings in my project, so where is the problem?

If I test the app via the AI Companion, everything works. Only creating the .apk file fails.

I am very grateful for suggestions for a solution!

Sportheimkasse_V10.aia (406.0 KB)

I tried to open your aia, but failed to open the blocks viewer.

how many blocks do you have?
and in your designer view, so many component are repeated. Maybe try to reuse the same component/layout can make your app simple/easy to use.

1 Like

Around 7600 Blocks.
I also need to load the block site for a minute before it show something.

What do you mean with reuse the same component?
I have 50 different profiles, for each profile I need its own list and values to be saved. Unfortunately, I can't use one block for all results. Or am I wrong there?

Search the forum for 'how to use Any component' and 'How to use List'.

When you have too many blocks spread out over too large a surface area,
the Blocks Editor hits a complexity limit when it tries to generate a blocks.png file for the screen.

There are two main approaches to deal with this:

• Start a Google Doc with a Table of Contents explaining your app, with sections for Design, Data, Code, including Downloaded Png images of all Events, Procedures, Globals, and with html cross-links for easy navigation. Such a doc becomes easier to read than a complete blocks image, because you have FIND, Next, PREV, back functionality, and you can add paragraphs of commentary around your code. This is my preferred life saver when doing a very large complex app. If you go this route, try to arrange your blocks geographically in a column matching the order of your Table of Contents, then do periodic Clean Up Blocks to pull them inline. This sometimes lowers the load on the Blocks Editor.
  • Reduce your block count:
    • Use parametrized procedures for common code
    • Use Media text files instead of big clumps of text blocks
    • Use generic blocks instead of repeating component event blocks
    • Encode repeating decision patterns into lookup tables loaded from Media csv text files (does your blocks image look like a box of combs?)
2 Likes