- The app gets stuck at a screen with the text "Running using the emulator or USB, waiting to get blocks..." upon opening the companion app right away.
- Android Virtual Device (Pixel 4 x64 system on API31 aka Android 12)
- AI2 Companion Version 2.62
Steps to reproduce:
- Install AI2 Companion from Google Play Store
- Click on the App Icon to open it
- The screen pops up and the app is stuck at that stage.
Suspected relevant logs:
android.app.BackgroundServiceStartNotAllowedException: Not allowed to start service Intent
- We are educators who wish to use App Inventor in our teaching. In order to test our own extensions, we need to run AI 2 Companion within Virtual Devices via Android Studio (buying a device for every single Android version is probably impractical)