CloudDB lists for events

Hi everyone,
I am making an app where people can run events or campaigns for 10 themes. Only one campaign can run at a time for each of the themes. I am using a cloud DB to store the information each of the events. However, it isn't displaying : (. I am not sure what I am doing wrong and would be very grateful if someone can review it for me. I have attached the screenshots of the blocks.

Thank you so much!

plz send your aia file i will update it

1 Like

or save this list in a variable and than do item to add to get the global variable

1 Like

When you are going to append to a CloudDB list, that list must have been already set up in CloudDB with a pre-existing (probably empty) list, and not a piece of text.

I don't see in your blocks where you do that.

Hi Deepti,
Thank you so much for your offer of help. Also, so sorry for the late reply (I was busy with schoolwork).
I have attached my aia file and will be very grateful for your help.
Thank you,
Superdojo
trial.aia (9.5 KB)

Hi everyone,
After working on this for a really long time, I think I am a bit closer. Now the information is storing and retrieving but when no information has been stored under a specific tag the following error appears.

error

These are my blocks:

I am not sure what is wrong with my blocks :frowning:.
I would be grateful for any help and guidance,
Superdojo

Don't ask for a blank text as a value if none retrieved, if you store 10-item lists as values.
Selecting item numbers from a blank text will give you those errors.

If you don't want to code value type checks and list length checks surrounding every item selection, create a global NONEFOUND variable with a 10 item dummy list with blank items, each saying 'not found', to be returned from the CloudDB request.

Also, your read request for what you just tried to add to CloudDB will come back empty, because you didn't give CloudDB time to complete its write. In fact, why bother retrieving what is already in those same text boxes?