Cloud DB Question

Afternoon community,
this is @apsw171118
May I ask if cloud DB is using the same DB since I guess the token and the ID is the same?
Can I transfer data (Cloud DB) between screens?
Thank You
Regards,
apsw171118

1 Like

Yes you can use the same cloudDB in different screens within the same project.

Not sure what you mean by "transfer data (CloudDB) between screens", the cloudDB data will be accessible from all screens in a project.

May I ask what is the token and the ID? :grinning:

Given you are using the MIT provided "DEFAULT" firebase url, the projectID and the Token are used to setup the datastore path and security for your app. Do not try to change these.

Further Info
the ID is the node, the Token is a security password

This may make more sense if you read through here:

May I ask if my data in the cloud DB will be deleted for maybe [number] entries like the Default app inventor Tiny Web DB, deletes after the 2000 entries.
Thanks,
Regards,
@apsw171118

Possibly. I understand that data storage for cloudDB is more robust than for tinyWebDB, but there is no guarantee to continue data provision and data could be removed at any time. The MIT provision is really only provided for setup and testing and should not be considered for production purposes.

So then can I still use it for a school project?

Should be fine for a school project.
(ensure you have a routine somewhere to back up your cloudDB data, this may also be worth some brownie points!!)

1 Like

So the answer is

• Cloud DB Can be used in a school project, but should not be considered for production purposes.
  • Given you are using the MIT provided "DEFAULT" Firebase URL, the project ID and the Token are used to set up the data store path and security for your app. Do not try to change these.
    *The ID is the node, the Token is a security password
    *CloudDB data will be accessible from all screens in a project.

Credit to @TIMAI2

Thank You :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.