Close Application

I'm using an Exit button, a control block (when click) and close application. This always appears to work, the App vanishes off the screen, but the App is still in recent Apps(overview) so I guess still running. Am I using the wrong command?

All android apps do this. Android holds "closed" apps in its recent cache, in case they are recalled within a few minutes or so. After that the app will be completely closed.

1 Like

How long are we calling a few minutes?

Sorry, probably not about time, but about memory

Actually, the app stays dormant until the Android requires more memory. This is a quirk of Android apps. You can shut an app down immediately by following this advice: https://www.google.com/search?q=close+down+android+app&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS887US887&oq=close+down+android+app&aqs=chrome..69i57.5814j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8.

It is not possible to do this with code.

So basically keep doing what I do there is no short cut for this one, Thanks guys.

Here is a new extension for that:

grafik

4 Likes

Thanks I will try that, I hadn't seen it before

1 Like

You couldn't do that either, the extension was just created. :wink:

2 Likes

Brilliant, I touch Exit it vanishes and I don't have to go into recent app because it is gone
Thanks again

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.