Changing to another screen when colliding

Hello, so I made mock up flappy bird game and I wanted the result is on another screen, and yet when it change to another screen, it automatically back to the first screen and sometimes it just straight go to result screen without any collision

Could you please show your relevant blocks?

What exactly is "otro?"

Lemme send the .aia file
FlappyFlap.aia (99.5 KB)

1 Like

Sorry for taking so long, there was a lot to review :sweat_smile:. Looks like you've followed all the App Inventor etiquettes correctly as well.

Now, there's only one place in the whole code where you actually switch screens, and that's here:

It might be that your logic is being executed in a case where it shouldn't be, i.e., the bird ImageSprite is immediately colliding with the base. I do see that the bird is initialized on the base, but you have code to negate that, so that shouldn't be the cause of failure.

Maybe you could try to slow down the bird to debug what's happening?

1 Like

thank you so much, I'll try!

1 Like

It worked like a charm! Thank you so much once again!

1 Like

I have same problem, I tried the file uploaded earlier.
So I tried to do the same but it doesn't work, is there another way? Or better explanation?

My "solution" was actually never intended to be one, just as a method of debugging the whole problem.

My hypothesis was that the bird was instantly colliding with the base as soon as the user taps on the screen, which makes it move to the "Game Over" screen. I don't exactly know how slowing down the bird actually helped here, but it may have given some time for the bird to readjust and come out of contact with the base.

As of now, I don't have a definitive solution to your problem. I'll come back to you once I've found one...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.