capture the call duration during the call process

Hello friends, my question is that right now I am developing an app in which I need to make a phone call, and I have two problems. 1. When the app is executed, it exits the app created in App Inventor and goes into the phone's default calling app. 2. When I make the call, I can't capture the call duration. However, in the app developed in App Inventor, I added a clock and a button that says "Call." But as I mentioned before, right when I enter the phone number and press the button, it exits the app developed in App Inventor and goes into the phone's default calling app. Additionally, the clock starts running even before the other person has answered the call.

Welcome Edison.

Here are the tools you have available Edison Social . Look at the Events to see what Blocks you might make use of.

You did not share your code and we can not see what you tried.

I don't think you have an option to determine when the person at the other end answers a call you initiate. All you might be able is to capture the time you initiated the call. You might be able to use the PhoneCallStarted with a status or PhoneCallEnded and it's status .

You can use Perhaps use the IncomingCallAnswered Block to start your Clock when you receive a call.

I have not tested this, so I have no idea if the PhoneCall1.PhoneCallStarted and PhoneCall1.PhoneCallEnded events actually fire properly:

good afternoon, what I want is to be able to obtain the call time (time the user spends talking) could you help me what events and blocks I can use, thanks in advance, Or if you could explain to me with a code example what the IncomingCallAnswered event refers to and how it can be used, please

Here what happens is that when the calling process starts, it already captures the start time of the process, and what I want is only to capture or obtain the time the user speaks, that is, just when the other person answers, Or if you could explain to me with a code example what the IncomingCallAnswered event refers to and how it can be used, please

Or if you could explain to me with a code example what the IncomingCallAnswered event refers to and how it can be used, please

This example might work (untested) to capture the time an incoming call is answered.

To capture the time of the conclusion of an incoming phone call, this might be possible

1 Like

Try this

code is at 📱 How to capture start and end times of a phone call and calculate total call duration