Can i make an app translate from binary to text or vice versa

Can I make an app to translate binary code to text in mit app inventor via Extension or Original?

3 Likes

I have tried it, but the result is not a binary code that should only use 2 numbers, namely 0 and 1, but the result uses uppercase and many numbers

1 Like

Everything you need here

https://kidscodecs.com/a-binary-numbers-tutorial-with-1-and-0/

Just about integrating the concepts to Appinventor

2 Likes

Yes, the code you received is in hex format. You would have to add some blocks that convert hex to bin, byte by byte.

1 Like

Something this way,

1 Like

Capture

Is this what you want?

1 Like

Hexadecimal to binary, new requirement from solution provided.

Thanks, a shorter way could have been there, using available blocks instead of elaborated steps.

2 Likes

Why Only Up To The Letter "F"? Is it ok?

Yes, hexadecimal uses 16 distinct symbols, most often the symbols "0"–"9" to represent values 0 to 9, and "A"–"F" (or alternatively "a"–"f") to represent values from 10 to 15.

4 Likes

Are you talking about the ASCII table?

2 Likes

YES!!! You're right

I want like this, if can
First of all, I would like to thank those who have helped me

This is text to ASCII, as

The text "App Inventor2" is equivalent to following ASCII code,
65 112 112 32 73 110 118 101 110 116 111 114 50

You need to maintain as mapping table or key/value pair to get decimal equivalent code and then convert to binary counter part.

But, you topic need to be modified, should be text to binary

Finished It's Has Modified

and this is equivalent to following Binary Code

2 Likes

I change my example program with Java Script code (topic linked above) to work with binary code separated by spaces.

convert (1).aia (3.6 KB)

1 Like

Here are two @Italo lookup procedures you can build on ...

asc_test
chr
chr_test
AsciiCHRASCprocedures.aia (4.0 KB)

It would be up to you to used the segment text block and the math binary conversion block to build a byte list from a text stream of 1s and 0s.

1 Like

I will decide after the Mid-Semester Assessment otherwise known as the Mid-Semester Examination and I am waiting for another solution if there is one
@ABG @Patryk_F @RamNaresh
I apologize profusely for this being postponed