Can I change my username to something else?

I want to change my username to MITAIHelp but I don't know how, if anyone can help me then that would be great!

Thanks!

1 Like

@powerusers will help you

1 Like

I'm not sure you'll be allowed to do that because of copyright constrictions, but we'll have to wait for a person over Trust Level 3 to help you...

1 Like

If you can change your name

STEPS

GO your profile
And go to preferences
And try to edit your username

1 Like

Unfortunately, as of yet, you can't change your own name.

1 Like

@dora_paz can you please help him to change username?

Sorry I am personally tagging you hear.

Where is the problem?

grafik

grafik

I think that is because you are a trust level >4 user. This is for me, in trust level 3.

As you can see, I cannot edit it.

1 Like

I checked it on an almost unused new account (trust level 0):

grafik

1 Like

That's strange, I can't do that.

1 Like

Neither can I:

Moderators and Admins can change username of all users.
Though, the confirmation dialog says something else:

2 Likes

Of course, but I opened the new account in a different browser (Chrome).
(And I'm not logged in with my bodymindpower (Anke) account.)

1 Like

Probably tl0 users can change username since they don't have had much interaction with community and database and even if they change their username not many things will get affected. The same is not true for >tl0 users, as continuous change in username may end badly impacting database (including post and topic association and private interactions).

2 Likes

I have set the trust level to 1 and can still change the username.
Therefore, this may not be possible for users with trust level > 1 (for whatever resason, because I changed my username on Kodular when I became a Mod. Where should be the problem for other accounts / user?).

2 Likes

So can you change my name?

Oh you did thanks!

Mee tooo
I also cant change

Has any one asked the question yet ...
Do you work for MIT?

ABG
(not MIT)

3 Likes

General questions to @powerusers ...

Lot's of people are messaging me regarding development and each time i am not able to answer theme, and if I don't message them then they are spamming me "please reply" "please reply"...
So my question is that is it possible to make private conversation to public topic so everyone can take look and answer them if I am not able to answer question ?

1 Like