Can a Listpicker be used to show more than one list?

Hello all,

Quick question: Can you get a listpicker to show more than one list (only 1 at a time)?
Example: I want to add a settings component to my browser app that allows you to go to your bookmarks (another list), history (another list), and Settings (another). I want to make the initial listpicker able to call the history list when you click on history, and etc for the others.Using multiple listpickers would make the app UI clunky. Would you be able to set the listpicker to the list chosen using a set.listpicker1.elements to block?
Thanks,
NetminderNo.9Apps

Can you show us a sample of how that would look?

Okay. Give me 5 mins.

@ABG Do you want me to figure out what it would look like in App Inventor?

Whatever is easiest for you, just to get an idea of what you want.

1 Like

You say you want to show one list at a time. I assume you will change the list once the user clicks on an item, right?
I don't see any problem with that.
You can change all the elements of the listpicker by assigning a new list to it. It would also be a good idea to keep in a variable the name of the current or active list to avoid confusions.

Thanks @Taifun, @ChrisWard, @ABG, and @Italo . You've all been helpful. What I had in mind was to assign each list a new variable name, and then set the elements to that lists variable.

1 Like

Here's a sample ...

@ABG That's super complicated, but what I was aiming for. Where do you find these resources? Just looking them up? :thinking:

... Easiest way is to have the First List act as a Menu for the other Lists. On Exit of any List, User is returned to the Menu.

1 Like

this might help How to create a nested listpicker

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

@Taifun I love your website! It has helped me so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.