Calling Firebase to Get Value

Hello,
I’m not sure why but I don’t know how to call Firebase to get value. I’ve stored some text from another screen and on this screen I want to set it as a variable, so something like set global email to call FirebaseDB1 .GetValue

But I’m not sure how to do that because I can’t connect the call FirebaseDB1 to the set global because of the “connection type” See Below So how would you do that? With TinyDB it’s simple and easy because you can just connect it with the set global variable but it’s different for the Firebase one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

the FirebaseDB works asynchronously... which means, you get the value back in the GotValue event

A very good way to learn App Inventor is to read the free Inventor's Manual here in the AI2 free online eBook App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps ... the links are at the bottom of the Web page. The book 'teaches' users how to program with AI2 blocks.
There is a free programming course here Course In A Box and the aia files for the projects in the book are here: App Inventor 2 Book: Create Your Own Android Apps
How to do a lot of basic things with App Inventor are described here: How do you...? .

Also do the tutorials Tutorials for MIT App Inventor to learn the basics of App Inventor, then try something and follow the Top 5 Tips: How to learn App Inventor

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.