BUILD FAILED while using ant command

I tried to build the project, I followed all the steps in the slideshow. the build doctor said that no problems were found
can someone please help in resolving this issue.
i am running ubunte 20.04
here are my logs:
manav@Manav:~/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor$ ant
Buildfile: /home/manav/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml

all:

init:

MakeWarLibsDir:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

components_CommonConstants:

init:

CommonConstants:

WarLibs:

AiSharedLib:

AiServerLib:

components_AndroidRuntime:

common_CommonVersion:

init:

CommonVersion:

init:

HtmlEntities:

Barcode:

CopyComponentLibraries:

common_CommonUtils:

init:

CommonUtils:

CommonConstants:

AnnotationProcessors:

AndroidRuntime.uptodate:

AndroidRuntime:

AiClientLib:

AiRebindLib:

blocklyeditor_BlocklyTranslationGenerator:

CheckBlocklyTranslations:

init:

CheckBlocklyCompile:

BlocklyCompile:
[java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: File not found at: /home/manav/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor/blocklyeditor/../lib/closure-library/closure/goog
[java] at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:88)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getInputs(Manifest.java:393)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getFiles(Manifest.java:369)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getFiles(Manifest.java:363)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getAllDependencies(Manifest.java:324)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getInputsInCompilationOrder(Manifest.java:193)
[java] at org.plovr.Manifest.getCompilerArguments(Manifest.java:177)
[java] at org.plovr.CompileRequestHandler.compile(CompileRequestHandler.java:94)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.BuildCommand.runCommandWithOptions(BuildCommand.java:58)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.BuildCommand.runCommandWithOptions(BuildCommand.java:31)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.AbstractCommandRunner.runCommand(AbstractCommandRunner.java:41)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Command.execute(Command.java:47)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Main.mainWithExitCode(Main.java:56)
[java] at org.plovr.cli.Main.main(Main.java:30)

BUILD FAILED
/home/manav/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build.xml:16: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/manav/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor/build-common.xml:299: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/home/manav/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor/blocklyeditor/build.xml:111: Java returned: 1

Total time: 2 seconds
manav@Manav:~/Desktop/GSoC/appinventor-sources/appinventor/appinventor-sources/appinventor$

Please follow all of the instructions in the README. You failed to follow the step that checks out additional dependencies using the git submodule command.

1 Like

Thank you so much

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 2 minutes 59 seconds