Bug on Webviewer? or am I doing something wrong?

Hi everyone, hope you are doing great.

I have a simple app, it´s just a webviewer and a QR scanner, both work fantastic. The only exception I have is on phone "click to call" buttons on the website loaded. When they are clicked, the app crashes.

The link on the button is: Call us at 555-5555

Is there another way to do it? The link should be modified on the loaded site

Thank you so much in advance for any help :slight_smile:

"< a href="tel:5555555">Call us at 5555555"

@Jdejean Add an .aia file of your app, and the relevant code. That way we know more about what's wrong. If you want the link to open in the webviewer, you probably need an extension. I need more information for a better response.

What's the underlying code for the button? If you want the webviewer to open up that link then you should make the webviewer go to that URL when the button is clicked.

~Like this ↓~

Example.aia (1.7 KB)

Also, what does this mean? Is it the javascript that the webviewer is supposed to run?
Also, is it running javascript that tells it to go to the URL?

The WebViewer component don't handle tel: URLs

1 Like

@pavi2410 , thanks that´s what I needed to know, I was wandering if I was doing something wrong somewhere else, since chrome, safari, etc worked fine. :slight_smile:

Do you know of any extension that does the job?

@netminderno.9apps Thanks so much , that workaround would work, but I have around 100 phones listed, even if this method works, it would be really time consuming + I might be modifying phones in the future... so..

1 Like

@Jdejean Maybe add a procedure with the parameters being the text of the button, phone number, and url?

You could give the Extended WebViewer Extension a try. I'm not sure if that handles tel: URLs though

1 Like

@pavi2410 I will try it, thanks so much for your suggestin & time

you also could try the Custom WebView Extension by @vknow360
link taken from the extensions directory

Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

@Jdejean, @pavi2410, @Taifun
I think I figured out a workaround. Without seeing your blocks, I can't know if this will work.

What I Did

I created 3 parallel lists, list one (phone #'s), list 2 (component names), list 3 ( desired URL). List 2 hasn't been used yet, but I thought I might as well have one.
I used a when any button got click event handler and made it so that it finds the index of the button's text in the list 1, and finds the desired URL using the index it just found. It then sets the webviewer's url to the url just found. Less than 60 blocks used.

Example, and blocks used

Example (1).aia (4.6 KB)

I'm new to the any component blocks, so if I made any mistakes, please tell.

Did this work?

Buttons inside the WebViewer component are not App Inventor/Android buttons.

2 Likes

Oops... He didn't specify, so I thought he meant one in the app.
As I said, @Jdejean and @pavi2410,

And, you could always just use mult. buttons and use my code. A little bit more time consuming (ctr-c,v the same button over and over), but it would still work. It might also change the ui a little.

@Taifun, what are your thoughts on this?

@Jdejean did you find solution for this problem ?

Here is the solution @mstone

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.