BluetoothLE device Index error

Hey all, I am having an issue connecting to my "DFROBOT Romeo BLE - Robot Control Board with Bluetooth 4.0 for Arduino".

I am using a Raspberry Pi B+ running LinageOS 17.1. The app can see the "Bluno", but gives the following error. AIA file included.

Any way to have the bluetooth automatically connect to this device in the future once this is figured out without having to scan and connect?

The .aia file was provided along with the .apk. But when I compile it in MIT & load the .apk onto my device, the scan function stops working. The permissions with the original .apk asks for location to be used any time, but the .aia I compile only asks for permission while using the app.. The pictures of the error below happen on the original .apk.

SurfV4_2.aia (421.5 KB)

I'm not an expert in this field, but this should be expected behavior for the Companion. Although it has been a while since I've used it, and my recollections of it are quite hazy; I believe I had a similar issue a while back, and just resorted to using the apk.