Block Loading Time is 2 hours

Dear sirs.
When I click the block button for loading block coding.
It took more than 2 hours.
if loading is completed, it works well.
problem is, if i didn't do anything right after loading, session was closed due to time-out.
design button is no problem.

Blocks are several thousands.
PC and Notebook has the same loading time. (> 2hours)

How can I speed up the loading time of block...

When you have too many blocks spread out over too large a surface area,
the Blocks Editor hits a complexity limit when it tries to generate a blocks.png file for the screen.

There are two main approaches to deal with this:

• Start a Google Doc with a Table of Contents explaining your app, with sections for Design, Data, Code, including Downloaded Png images of all Events, Procedures, Globals, and with html cross-links for easy navigation. Such a doc becomes easier to read than a complete blocks image, because you have FIND, Next, PREV, back functionality, and you can add paragraphs of commentary around your code. This is my preferred life saver when doing a very large complex app. If you go this route, try to arrange your blocks geographically in a column matching the order of your Table of Contents, then do periodic Clean Up Blocks to pull them inline. This sometimes lowers the load on the Blocks Editor.
  • Reduce your block count:
    • Use parametrized procedures for common code
    • Use Media text files instead of big clumps of text blocks
    • Use generic blocks instead of repeating component event blocks
    • Encode repeating decision patterns into lookup tables loaded from Media csv text files (does your blocks image look like a box of combs?)
    • You don't need a component for every data instance. Reuse those components.
    • If you can't fit data into a ListView or List Picker, show a small subset of the data in an Arrangement and slide it across the larger list of data.

Thanks for your kind reply.
but, I can't understand your comments.
please, share URL that explain the detail~

If you are using Chrome, you could try switching to Firefox, which tends to have better rendering performance of large block workspaces.

You can also try Firefox Developer Edition which gives me slight better performance while comparing with other Browsers

When i use firefox, it takes only several minutes.
Thanks.

When you are stuck in a hole, stop digging.

If you could export your project and share it with me privately, I would be interested in doing some traces on it to see what could be the possible cause of the performance issues.

1 Like