[BETA | FREE] 💡 NEXT - Extension IDE for App Inventor

It would be pretty difficult to create any meaningful extension on the tiny screen of a smartphone. I don't think it is worth the effort to make it happen.

1 Like

Stick to the practicalities of making it work reliably.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am not launching it. I had successfully compiled extension on Android phone offline. I am not launching the app any near or maybe never. So, yeah i was just experimenting with my experience and all.. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

A tutorial has been posted to our channel!

Expand the post!

If someone knows Visual Basic please PM me.

And what do you all think of this logo?

Capture
(created in coreldraw)

HTML Developers (any community member), Please design the NEXT IDE Homepage, since I am not a good designer. (no google sites, only html, css javascript)

1 Like

(not all) beta-testers will receive a letter after filling up the form https://forms.gle/2ZxzWQKCYB3CCSGi9
One last question, those who want to manage the github repository of next, please reply.

Ok. I hope I am not spamming.

Check out the beta 3.2 sneak peek!

2 Likes

Hi AyProductions

Well, at least the background song was amusing - the Beta 3.2 video itself is more than underwhelming. The Beta 3.1 video is more informative but what we really want to see is an actual extension build and that extension working in an App.

Tip: work on language translations when the program is very very close to release. Before then, things change too much.

I didn't see any credits for the background music/song in either video - you do have permission to use them, right?

2 Likes

Credits in the video description. Actually I was in a hurry in the editing, so I forget about it.

Thanks for the tip!

Ok. I will reupload it today evening (IST)

I am having a "Call the handyman with no hands" vibe because of my awful video editing skills.

Finally, after 12 lines of code, I got this to compile (had errors in the middle) I created compiler myself

But I still want to compile using MIT Extension template

n

UPDATE: NEXT is now Open-Source!

Question

Should I make the help documentation online or offline? since I am adding it to this IDE software.

0 voters

Release date shifted to next week.

Notice of help documentation

Animation

UPDATE

A test was conducted at Yesterday, 18:38:57 (exact) that we were able to successfully install NEXT in Linux. (Linux Mint and Ubuntu)

1 Like

I'm confused with something. In Niotron IDE, when you add Help URL, the Help URL code is missing. I am not sure where to add the Help URL code. Can anyone help me with this?

First answer this question if you want me to work on this IDE.

Hello. Does anyone want the download link and tutorial of Beta 3.2??

Don't demand others if you want them to help. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Beta 3.2 Features:

Is there a linux deb package or AppImage or Snap available for testing ?

We used compatibility layers.

Currently no. But, you could use compatibility layers if you are interested :slight_smile:

The compatibility layer I'm talking about: https://www.makeuseof.com/install-wine-ubuntu/

(Credits : MakeUseOf)

That is not running it on Linux :wink:

2 Likes