Bad arguments to <

I'm trying to embed just the: Create Date Alarm into another app and I'm getting this error.
But the alarm works.
What should I do to stop it from showing this and if it works why does it show it?

1 Like

Because somewhere in the blocks you are comparing a number with the text "abro".

1 Like

After removing some blocks while the alarm is working normally, I get this message.
Some word "abro" .I can't find it anywhere.
I am also uploading the related blocks

blocks (5)

Here you are using the MakeInstantFromMillis method
Check DbAlarms.GetTags
One of the items is the text abro

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

1 Like

I don't understand what to do, I only made this change, I changed the get item with the lista

With this change, there is no error but the alarm does not work

1 Like

unfortunately after all that time it looks like you are still not able to use Do it to debug your blocks...

you also can clear that TinyDB and try again

EDIT: btw it is an unusual way to store the millis as tag, I would use only one tag and as value store a list of all millis

unknown2

Taifun

1 Like

why do you think, this screenshot will help in debugging your MakeInstaltFromMillis bug?

unknown2

my recommendation is to go back one step and first learn some basics and how to debug using Do it before continuing...

Taifun

1 Like

Yes, but how to fix the error? :smiley:

and

Taifun

I'm trying but unfortunately I don't understand. Sorry
This here is something new now.

Find the MakeInstantFromMillis method in your blocks and use Do it for debugging

use Do it to debug your blocks, see also tip 4 here App Inventor: How to Learn | Pura Vida Apps
see also Live Development, Testing, and Debugging Tools
Taifun

Trying to push the limits! Snippets, Tutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by icon24 Taifun.

I think you have some leftovers saved earlier in tinydb. "Abro" is one of the saved tags. Use a block from tinydb that removes all tags.

I also think that this error only occurs in companion. The compiled apk should be ok.

Fortunately I found the solution, but unfortunately I didn't understand how.
I just played with the puzzles and it worked! :smiley:

Probably after some changes, I uninstalled the app and ran it again and it fixed the problem, it doesn't show any message

just tried it once it worked perfectly i tried it a second time again it worked perfectly.

Thank you all for pushing me and helping

I have paired the alarm with the pedometer, as long as the pedometer has not stored steps, no error message comes out on my device.
If I save on the pedometer then it shows this message but the alarm works fine even though it shows this message!
I have put in a second listview so that the pedometer and alarm lists don't get confused and it keeps giving me this error message on my device.
Please if there is a way with pictures help me find a solution for this.

The problem is that in some block of your project you compare texts with numbers, you have asked this before and there is an open thread about it

If it didn't close where my previous question was moved, I would have placed it there as well.
Anyway, if I knew how to do it I wouldn't be asking and this answer doesn't help me fix it either.
I'll just do whatever experiments I think and if I fix it, fine.
Otherwise I will leave the pedometer without the alarm

You must be looking in the wrong place.

If you read the error message, it's complaining about a < comparison.

Read all the blocks in what you posted and show where it has a < block.

Sorry for my insistence, but I think this helps me learn too.
if I don't have saved steps in the list, everything is fine with the alarm.
When I pass an hour the alarm appears in the list I have for counting steps.
If I save the steps first, I get the error message and after I close it, then the alarm goes off normally.
What should I do if I have saved steps and then I want to pass the alarm so that this error does not appear?